Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

25 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It's really hard to comprehend that these two teams were in the same division last year. Fulham are woeful.

This is an easier post to make at 4-3 than at 4-1 when you posted it, but I think 'woeful' was a bit harsh. For the most part, we were competitive and pressed high in a way that was giving Leeds problems in an even enough first half. However, Leeds took every chance they had. They were clinical as much as we were poor when the defense actually had to do something.

Naturally, a team will sit back when they've gone up, but we had a decent whack of possession and more shots on target. We didn't deserve to get done over 4-1, so I was glad that we at least pulled ourselves back into the game and showed some fight, something we didn't two years ago.

I'd not expected us to pick up points against Arsenal, was hopeful for a point against Leeds at best (though people reckon they'll be significantly higher up the table than us, so they aren't are direct competitors), but the games we perhaps should be looking to win in all reality starts next week with Villa. They are more likely to be down around us than Arsenal or Leeds if the latter live up to expectations, so a three points against them becomes a lot more important.

My thoughts when I was posting was more to do with the defending, particularly the marking, which has been a recurring theme of both games I've seen. To get back to 4-3 showed great heart though, which is more than a lot of teams do.

I'm probably also annoyed I took Mitrovic out of my FL team after he didn't start last week.

• Like 1