Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

I love him already. Granted, I’ve probably said that about the last four keepers we’ve had on opening day. But fifth time lucky, am I right? (Five different keepers in five opening games, which doesn’t even include Kalinic, Nyland, or two other trash keepers we’ve had. Problem position is an understatement.)

Based on the tail end of last season, you've got yourselves a genuinely outstanding goalkeeper. I personally think he was a better option for us than Leno. He's distribution is better, he's better at claiming crosses and he holds onto more. 

I know this City kit is all wacky and that, but on telly they just look like Spurs. Add that to Chelsea's Palace top and that blue Arsenal one that's very Chelsea and there's some odd colour schemes around this season. I'm all for something new, but I can't remember many where the kit is so similar to other clubs home kits.

27 minutes ago, Colly said:

I know this City kit is all wacky and that, but on telly they just look like Spurs. Add that to Chelsea's Palace top and that blue Arsenal one that's very Chelsea and there's some odd colour schemes around this season. I'm all for something new, but I can't remember many where the kit is so similar to other clubs home kits.

For a large portion of our game against West Brom, I kept having to correct myself that we weren't playing Norwich.

Just a thought, based on the idea that most matches take about one hour fifty minutes to complete that watching Final Score on BBC1 has taught me through the years, the Liverpool vs Arsenal match next Monday kicks off at 8.15pm, which means it should finish around 10.05pm, which is five minutes after the pub curfew.

Good luck getting a crowd to leave five minutes from time if it's an entertaining and/or tight match.

• Haha 2

Just catching up on MOTD2 (basically to skip to 2 good 2 bad...), utterly baffled by Murphy and Shearers view on the Bissouma red. Literally studs first into the eye. It's unintentional but you won't see more dangerous play on a football pitch.

The two players (Diop and Cullen) and Moyes travelled tonight and the players were named in the starting eleven, so I would guess that the positive tests came after they left the training ground.

Rest of the squad who were on the bus with them are all potentially infected now.

38 minutes ago, Lineker said:

No way we are getting through this season undisturbed.

If they wanna just null and void this season and leave it as it was at the end of last season then I don't see an issue with that...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavidMarrio said:

If they wanna just null and void this season and leave it as it was at the end of last season then I don't see an issue with that...

I’d be okay with this. Unbeaten all season, zero goals conceded, and erm...ninth place. Invincible. 

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

If I'm Arsenal then I'm very concerned about the next batch of test results.

In what way would you be Arsenal? Would you become the unquantifiable, incorporeal spirit of the club? A kind of feeling, but with a mind? Almost like an Arsenal ghost floating through the corridors of the Emirates Arena?

Or would you become the stadium itself? Just sitting there. Just sitting there. Mulling over the next batch test results. Feeling concerned. But feeling lonely too. Where is everyone? You're just sitting there. Watching the trains go by.

Or maybe you would become some kind of hive mind? Feeling, sensing, controlling all the staff (those that haven't been made redundant at least), the players, the fans, everyone? Seeing the world through Mikel Arteta's eyes. Seeing the world through David Luiz's eyes, feeling your/his hair flopping over them. Seeing the world through Piers Morgan's eyes. So many minds. Hundreds of thousands. Maybe a million. All being concerned about the test results.

Or maybe you had something else in mind?

Do let me know.

Edited by metalman