• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Score more goals than they do.

Fucking hell Mad Jack anyone would think Lamela started a football club in Miami the way you keep banging on about him.

I know some football fans are biased to the point of comedy, but this is one of the biggest displays of spouting pure bollocks I've seen in a while, so fair play for that at least😂

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

Nah, coaching staff sent off, not Kane.

I have nothing against Newcastle or their fans, except their owner, but nobody should feel proud about getting a point from that performance and that decision.

Meh, I've watched Harry Kane put our best CB put for half a season and get a yellow. Fuck pride.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous but it was it is. We saw the goal coming, the ridiculous fashion just adds to it. I'm not sure how the rules got so mental that "head the ball point blank into someones arm from behind" is given as a penalty but it is what people have to deal with now.

Edited by lanky316

I have no problem with the ref going to VAR or awarding it based on what he saw. He was following the rules of the game. But the rule is an absolute joke.

That said, we should have been several goals up by the 93rd minute anyway. Only have ourselves to blame on that front.

Yeah that was a completely undeserved point. He had his hand way out and it hit it, so I see why it was given.

Fuck Harry Kane though. Dirty little cunt who completely ruined Lejeune's Newcastle career and avoided red because he's England's derpy little golden boy. I'm sure he can put in an application to get Moura's goal awarded to him to make himself feel better this evening.

• Like 1

Shite rule but Tottenham should have buried some of the chances they had. That's football end of the day, get shite decisions against you sometimes and get shite decisions for you sometimes. 

Get points when you don't deserve them on some occasions, drop points when you don't deserve to on others. 

• Like 3

When I played football at school in the playground, that would have been a handball. Judgement was usually made not on intent, as that's difficult to prove, but on whether it halted a move or altered the play in a meaningful way, which that arguably did. Not saying it is right, just that I see why that type of pen gets given

I also find the 'people will start kicking it at hands' thing ridiculous. It is vastly unlikely, plus won't impact players who mainly keep their arms tucked in whilst defending. 

• Like 1

I remember when the rule was it would be a pen if - 

1. It was deliberate

2. It was accidental, but benefitted the defending team.

What was wrong with that? 

• Like 3
Just now, DFF said:

1. It was deliberate

That's basically how we played. In this instance, Dier's arm stopped or impacted a potential Newcastle attack, whether he meant it to or not.

I backed Spurs also, so nothing would have given me more joy than them to see the game out.

7 minutes ago, DFF said:

1. It was deliberate

I don't think that's ever been the rule.

I have to be honest, when I switched over and Carra was pretty much crying over how football is ruined etc, I was expecting the decision to be a little more...controversial, I guess? 

I see why they gave it, but I'd also have no issue if no pen was given either.

16 hours ago, Liam said:

That's basically how we played. In this instance, Dier's arm stopped or impacted a potential Newcastle attack, whether he meant it to or not.

I backed Spurs also, so nothing would have given me more joy than them to see the game out.

I mean, he's not facing the ball after jumping in the air. 

The rules also supposedly have discrepancy for players not facing the ball, or if the ball ricochets off another player at close range. Both of those things were ignored in our last two games.

I also feel growing up, that would never have been handball in the playground. Handball was all about intentional handball, or if it truly stopped a definitely goal-scoring opportunity. 

I'm not saying it as a Spurs fan, I think the Palace one the other day was outrageous and there's been a few already. Also the massive inconsistency in the rule; Havertz getting away with 'handball' and Gabriel as well. The game is much worse off if this rule stays, we're gonna see a massive increase in penalties, and more people just pumping the ball into the box hoping to get a lucky penalty. It's shite. 

I don't think it should be a handball (it is by current interpretation of the law but I agree that interpretation is a load of shit) but I don't see "not looking at the ball" as a defense, why would you go up for a header looking the wrong way?

I'm finding the playground stuff odd too. Granted it's a long time since I was in the playground, but I don't remember contesting many aerial balls so I'm struggling to find a comparison there.

Havertz one is very different, and while I've made my thoughts on the fact attacking and defensive handball have completely different rules clear last season I now understand why that wasn't considered given the clearance afterwards.

It does need to be addressed, but are the league/referees prepared to do it? Dale Johnson keeps saying the rule can't be changed mid season, but the interpretation? We've seen for years refs giving penalties for grabbing in the box in the first weekend of the season before giving up two weeks later, there's definitely scope to do the same here.

• metalman changed the title to FA Carling Premiership 2020/21
  • Lineker changed the title to Premier League 2020/21