Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Just now, Colly said:

When did the attacking handball rule change?

I don't think it changed. I think they didn't deem it leading to a goal as the play moved on. Martin Tyler mentioned the "immediacy" of it I think. Only way I can see how it's not disallowed.

4 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Certainly looked like a handball no? If it’s always going to be given against the defending side, it should definitely always be given against the attacking side as well.

The rule is different for attackers and defenders, for attackers it doesn't even have to be 'deliberate'. That's why I'm baffled that was allowed. It's a stupid rule but it's a rule.

Just now, Colly said:

The rule is different for attackers and defenders, for attackers it doesn't even have to be 'deliberate'. That's why I'm baffled that was allowed. It's a stupid rule but it's a rule.

I guess they decided it didn't "immediately" lead to a goal, as in a direct assist.

They - they being Gary Lineker - seemed to explain it as a rule change, or slight alteration. Who knows at this point.

I personally think the Everton one is a penalty? Ward's hand was outside the "silhouette" or whatever you want to call it and moving away from his body, his hand hitting it has stopped the trajectory of the ball in the box. Penalty. Yet Hodgson is incredulous about it and all the MOTD sofa blokes were raging too.

Is it blue-tinted spectacles from me or are the old men all wrong?

We played well today, but we're not going to get results if we can't hit the target. Lunny should have scored in the first half. Thought we'd played well enough for a point, so the late goal was a bit of a stinger. 

17 minutes ago, DFF said:

We played well today, but we're not going to get results if we can't hit the target. Lunny should have scored in the first half. Thought we'd played well enough for a point, so the late goal was a bit of a stinger. 

Any news on any strikers coming in? 

2 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Any news on any strikers coming in? 

Sadly nothing seems to have come from Brewster.  Last we heard we have been linked with giving Sturridge a short term 'prove it' contract.