Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

1 minute ago, Chris2K said:

Nah, coaching staff sent off, not Kane.

I have nothing against Newcastle or their fans, except their owner, but nobody should feel proud about getting a point from that performance and that decision.

Meh, I've watched Harry Kane put our best CB put for half a season and get a yellow. Fuck pride.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous but it was it is. We saw the goal coming, the ridiculous fashion just adds to it. I'm not sure how the rules got so mental that "head the ball point blank into someones arm from behind" is given as a penalty but it is what people have to deal with now.

Edited by lanky316

• Admin

I have no problem with the ref going to VAR or awarding it based on what he saw. He was following the rules of the game. But the rule is an absolute joke.

That said, we should have been several goals up by the 93rd minute anyway. Only have ourselves to blame on that front.

Yeah that was a completely undeserved point. He had his hand way out and it hit it, so I see why it was given.

Fuck Harry Kane though. Dirty little cunt who completely ruined Lejeune's Newcastle career and avoided red because he's England's derpy little golden boy. I'm sure he can put in an application to get Moura's goal awarded to him to make himself feel better this evening.

• Like 1

Shite rule but Tottenham should have buried some of the chances they had. That's football end of the day, get shite decisions against you sometimes and get shite decisions for you sometimes. 

Get points when you don't deserve them on some occasions, drop points when you don't deserve to on others. 

• Like 3

When I played football at school in the playground, that would have been a handball. Judgement was usually made not on intent, as that's difficult to prove, but on whether it halted a move or altered the play in a meaningful way, which that arguably did. Not saying it is right, just that I see why that type of pen gets given

I also find the 'people will start kicking it at hands' thing ridiculous. It is vastly unlikely, plus won't impact players who mainly keep their arms tucked in whilst defending. 

• Like 1

I remember when the rule was it would be a pen if - 

1. It was deliberate

2. It was accidental, but benefitted the defending team.

What was wrong with that? 

• Like 3

Just now, DFF said:

1. It was deliberate

That's basically how we played. In this instance, Dier's arm stopped or impacted a potential Newcastle attack, whether he meant it to or not.

I backed Spurs also, so nothing would have given me more joy than them to see the game out.

7 minutes ago, DFF said:

1. It was deliberate

I don't think that's ever been the rule.

I have to be honest, when I switched over and Carra was pretty much crying over how football is ruined etc, I was expecting the decision to be a little more...controversial, I guess? 

I see why they gave it, but I'd also have no issue if no pen was given either.