Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

5 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Spurs were the better team up to that point, definitely, but anything after the bullshit is a write-off.

Yeah, definitely. The natural response to having a man sent off is to just give up completely. Especially for a mid table side. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Lamela should have been sent off too, but we could have conceded 8 last week, and the same could be said at HALF TIME this week. Just not good enough. Basic defensive errors all the way along the line. The only decent bit of play needed was when Kane set up Son to go ahead, and even then Maguire was way out of position after committing a foul.

Exactly. Focus on the red card incident, blame defeat on it (if you lose) etc and you paper over much more important discussions about how trash United's defence is right now. Pundits just then were saying it's maybe the worst United defence in Premier League history. That's not Lamela's fault, so don't blame it on him.

• Like 1

I will point out that, regarding Maguire, I'd maintained that the price was always going to be too much. 

It was very, very unlikely that he'd be able to warrant the £80m price tag. Unfortunately, he's been nowhere near the level required for a while now, despite a decent start.

Just now, Matt said:

Yeah, definitely. The natural response to having a man sent off is to just give up completely. Especially for a mid table side. 

Way to twist what I said. Teams are going to be effected by a player being sent off, especially when the cunt responsible for it, is wrongly still on the pitch. That's going to disrupt concentration and make the team more vulnerable. It happens.

Man United had issues before old whiskey nose retired. He only retired when he did cause he knew the team was on its way out and he managed to get another title out of them. 

Got no structure behind the scenes, managers who will always be under Fergies shadow and a squad which other than certain players is quite frankly dog shit in terms of a Man Utd squad and splashing stupid amounts of cash on players who somehow look a shadow of themselves like Harry "my best defensive performance this season was in Greece" Maguire

Literally spent half the window trying to get Sancho when Dortmund aren't going to let him go despite looking at more pressing issues which is a wank back four and a keeper who has been on the slide for a while now. There's no identifed playing style, there's no one looking to take ownership on the pitch and there's a manager who quite frankly isn't good enough for that sort of job.

I mean don't get me wrong I'm loving every moment and it's hysterical to see. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lineker said:

Let me just get this in now - we are Tottenham Hotspur and we are fully capable of losing this match 5-4.

Lads. It's Man Utd