Living in the US we are pretty lucky where regional designations mean if we pay for cable we get basically every game from our local teams. NFL is king though and you just need an antenna to watch your local team (distribution is mapped to local network affiliates). If you have satellite you can get NFL Sunday Ticket which gives you every game. If you have cable or live streaming services Redzone is available which is really the best thing since it shows all the pivotal moments of every game basically as they happen.

Our leagues make a killing in out of market fans who have no means to basically watch their teams. They have to pay up for something to see their favorite team. This is harder to replicate in the UK where everyone is so close together. Multiple London teams basically make it impossible to replicate what the NFL does here. So no one is "in market" or "out of market". I think because of that a proper game pass program makes sense for some fans. But a pay-per-game model is really shady because that's not done anywhere else as far as I know.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fucking hell Mad Jack anyone would think Lamela started a football club in Miami the way you keep banging on about him.

Score more goals than they do.

I know some football fans are biased to the point of comedy, but this is one of the biggest displays of spouting pure bollocks I've seen in a while, so fair play for that at least😂

Posted Images

I love the Redzone concept, BT Sport do it for the Champions League midweek games. I'd quite like it for the 3pm Saturday games, but then that goes completely against my belief in protecting the lower leagues. Aargh.

7 hours ago, Colly said:

Out of interest, would anyone here actually want just a season pass for your own club?

I don't watch as much footie as I used to, but generally end up watching the Sunday games (while ironing. Living the dream) regardless of who's on. I couldn't think of anything worse than just watching Newcastle games, unless they somehow worked out a way to make them play themselves every week.

Do you iron out of choice or because you are made to do it?

I last used an iron in Paris on 19 February this year to get my shirt looking good ahead of a job interview. I didn't get the job, and a couple of weeks later Paris was plunged into lockdown. That's what an iron will do for you.

Just now, Cymbols said:

Anyone else think that Liverpool are going to smash Everton today? Don’t think it’ll quite be a 7-2 though.

There's definitely goals in this one - and Adrian aside, I feel like this is Liverpool's strongest side. 4-2 Liverpool.

Shouldn't Pickford be off for that?

Edit:

How can you say that's offside...Van Dijks fingernail. 

The small armed dozy cunt got away with that there

I guess the offside supersedes it, which I’d have thought shouldn’t be the case.

Admittedly I am okay with that, makes things more interesting at 11vs11.

Reminded me of Ben Mee’s foul which injured Wesley last season. 

Sound how we've lost our best centre back because of that brain dead tosser and don't get a pen. 

I thought it was armpit? Or hem of the sleeve? The VAR ref has basically drawn and redrawn a line on Virgil's arm until he got an offside.

Also, a scissor tackle to a player's standing leg is a red card 100% of the time.