Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Villa played well and it seemed every time they got a shot on goal it took a deflection or something

A few Liverpool players didn't have great games. Half those shots wouldn't have gone in on another day and a few more of Liverpool's might've.

I'm not overly concerned by this tbh

• Admin
Just now, GA! said:

Under any other circumstance, they'd put on Liverpool first and hide Man Utd away... but I assume they need more time to edit Liverpool's game.

I dunno, it's not on until half 10. That's loads of time for an edit. 

However you're right in that they contractually probably have to air the Liverpool game after the Utd one due to the late finish on Sky.

2 minutes ago, Twist said:

Have the reigning champions ever lost so badly?

BBC Sport have pointed out it's the first time a top flight reigning champion has conceded 7 since Arsenal did it against Sunderland in September 1953.

EDIT: Arsenal's game finished 7-1 so this is slightly less... bad?? It's pretty bad.

• Like 1

Villa deserve all the credit there. Took their chances and took advantage of the high line

Fair play. Congrats. 

Just gotta use this as motivation for the derby and get back into a rhythm of form now. 

39 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It's a bit weird that two teams sponsored by the same company are 1st and 2nd.

Cazoo are donating a grand to charity per goal that Everton and the Villa score all season. We’re gonna put them out of business at this rate.

• Like 1

Just seen all this madness on Match of the Day.

Liverpool...yes they've been pumped but Villa scored some good goals, deflected goals and basically just exploited the high line again and again and again.

Manchester United...fucking hell. Not one of those defenders should play again for the club. Just horrendous defensive errors, defensive shape, brain dead passing...Maguire defends like a drunk child for that first one and it just gets worse from there. A right mess.

Martial's red card...I think Lamela does something just as bad. Luke Shaw should have been sent off for a disgraceful foul later on, he should be fined by the club for that. Joke mentality. That is a team with a whole heap of major problems.

What a day...Everton are genuinely the best team in England at the moment and that's even with a bad goalie.

• Like 3