Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

On 19/10/2020 at 10:57, Colly said:

But for live football? I can't grasp what the setup is, you're watching the actual match on the telly and you have these two chumps on a second screen whingeing? Is this why football Twitter is so bad, because people think that this is what football supporters are, two lads watching telly? Do they do this when fans are in, i.e. don't actually go to games?

I know for the Anfield Wrap ones they use an app called Hot Mic. It automatically syncs up to the match you're watching via the audio. You can just leave it off to the side on your phone, mute the TV, and listen to them instead.

I can't speak for any other form of fan media but The Anfield Wrap are a fairly high level of discourse around sport. Their live commentaries I've found to be a nice mix of insightful commentary on the game and occasionally some creative swearing. 

It's almost like listening to radio commentary for me. It has the same feel.

But then again, I have no idea what level other fan media is like because it's literally the only one I know.

27 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I find this interesting because Notts County's home games have been streamed for £12 and they've been getting about 2,500 viewers. The major difference is that the money goes straight to the club, rather than filtering through the Sky Sports web.

I think if the £15 had been going directly to Newcastle United that food bank would've made about 5 times as much...

• Like 2

Ed Woodward delivering financial results (only results that matter :shifty:) and said this:

Now I don't trust him, but journos have made up or embellished plenty of stories about a Euro Prem in the past, so I don't exactly trust Sky or ESPN either.

I'd like to thank Leeds for ensuring that we are the only unbeaten team in the league (until Sunday). Barring a seven goal swing between us and Liverpool, we're also fairly likely to end the weekend still top. :P