Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Best thing about the PPV nonsense is the amount of fans sticking two fingers up to it and donating to foodbanks instead, the joint foodbank operation set up by Liverpool and Everton supporters clubs have raised over 100k and counting 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Colly said:

I think Steve Bruce has picked this lineup out of a hat.

Well, the BBC has Ryan Fraser at right back, Sky has him in midfield and the PL App has him at right wing.

I think we're playing a 5-2-3/3-4-3 with Murphy and Lewis as wingbacks, Hendrick and Almiron in the middle and Fraser/Wilson/ASM up top.

I get bits of it, and he's made excuses for Hayden and Longstaff (despite them being on the bench), but playing Murphy there with 2 RBs on the bench is baffling. It's going to be glorious or ridiculous. 

12 minutes ago, MadJack said:

That was nasty. He had at least two attempts to trip KWP before stepping on his ankle from behind.

I still haven't seen it yet but Gary Lineker has been very defensive of it on Twitter, thought the step was accidental.

Don't think there was malice in it but it was a red. 

Glad to see Ancelotti is fully embracing being Everton manager and is now joining in with classic Ev tinpot/conspiracy theories by saying that the refs have been influenced by all the talk over Pickford and Richarlison's tackle. The same guy who earlier in the week said that Rodriguez may be out with a bruise which Van Dijk caused.

13 hours ago, MadJack said:

That's very charitable of him:

Reveal hidden contents

Honestly think that's incredibly harsh and I wouldn't be surprised to see it overturned. The contact on the leg looks awful but it's completely unintentional, and while obviously intent isn't the whole rule I can't see how accidentally running through a player can be seen as reckless. The law is woolly now in it's "endangering a player" (far too open to interpretation, no one should even challenge for headers by that) wording, but I'd be massively disappointed to lose a player for three games for that. Foul and a booking.