Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

If we win the community shield:

Excellent start, nice to get a trophy in the bag and it'll be a momentum boost going into the season as we look to defend the title

If we lose the community shield:

Glorified friendly for a giant 50p. It's all about getting minutes into the legs. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Bench is looking a bit thin for serious options for Liverpool today, but there’s no Trent, Matip, Ox, Henderson, Origi or Shaqiri, so that is pretty much the entire bench there.

You've still got Keita and Minamino on the bench though. 

Think they'll be the two to be nailed on to come on then you've got a toss up really. Does he see if Brewster can do anything or does he stay on the bench considering he's meant to be going out on loan again. Same with Grujic. 

9 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

I've had a feeling for a while that Liverpool will do a fair bit worse this season than last. I still expect them to qualify for the Champions League, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't make the top two.

I don't think we'll hit 90+ points again but at the same time there's a reason why we were so far ahead of the rest of the league. I can't see us suddenly dropping/teams gaining over 20 points. 

I think there'll be a lot of pressure in Chelsea given how much they've spent. And Pep will be obsessing on trying to get back on top.

I don't think the top 4 will change but I think it's gonna be between us or City winning the title again. Chelsea I'd expect to make it closer but they've got a lot of new players to bed in and still have Kepa in goal. United need to strengthen and just haven't done so. 

Liverpool have a great first team but I think weaknesses start to arise once you go further down. Origi, AOC and Shaqiri are decent enough but you'd perhaps expect the league champions to have better backups. They were relatively lucky with injuries the last two years but that could change.

18 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I don't think the top 4 will change but I think it's gonna be between us or City winning the title again. Chelsea I'd expect to make it closer but they've got a lot of new players to bed in and still have Kepa in goal. United need to strengthen and just haven't done so. 

Ahem.

Oh yeah, we've definitely been the luckiest team in the Prem I feel like with VVD and our front 3 pretty much never being injured. There's no way that happens again this season, especially considering all of the fixture congestion. It's going to be a problem this season I think because we don't have one great option off the bench. Shaq is good, but so out of form because he's never fit, and Origi while able to score the odd huge goal, is very much average at best.

Brewster could be that guy soon, but I think going out on loan this season is the best decision for him. Harry Wilson is not good enough for Liverpool in truth, and despite his scoring, I sadly don't think Minamino is going to be up to scratch either.

But I'm not going to be like some plastic fans and start hating on Klopp or FSG

Minamoto looks decent.

Don’t know where to begin predicting this coming season. Entirely possible we’ll have covid related fixture movement and player absence, before you get to the usual injuries and all that. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t another postponement to the season, to be honest.