Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

21 minutes ago, metalman said:

Liverpool have a great first team but I think weaknesses start to arise once you go further down. Origi, AOC and Shaqiri are decent enough but you'd perhaps expect the league champions to have better backups. They were relatively lucky with injuries the last two years but that could change.

I think this is largely misconstrued in that whilst the front three had very little injuries we certainly still had injury problems in other areas. Alisson was out for periods of the season and Adrian had to come in, we had injuries at centre back and Fabinho/Keita/Henderson have been out for a periods as well. Is it luck or bit in part and parcel of the wider changes at the club from a fitness level? Think they coincide with one another. 

21 minutes ago, Naitch said:

Part of the reason Liverpool were so far ahead was because every other team except Man City shit the bed at some point throughout the season, tbf.

Think that's a quite unfair to say.  18 wins in a run, 27 unbeaten in a row with points dropped in only 6 games. We've been consistent as hell the last two seasons and it's been a work in progress over several seasons which has paid off

19 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Ahem.

Said it quite a bit but I see a lot of similarities between us at the start of Klopp and where Arsenal are at atm. I think it'll be atleast another season before Arsenal break back into the top 4. But it looks better than it did under Emery

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

I think this is largely misconstrued in that whilst the front three had very little injuries we certainly still had injury problems in other areas. Alisson was out for periods of the season and Adrian had to come in, we had injuries at centre back and Fabinho/Keita/Henderson have been out for a periods as well. Is it luck or bit in part and parcel of the wider changes at the club from a fitness level? Think they coincide with one another. 

Yeah but I think Liverpool have decent back up there. They could struggle if Salah, Mane or Firmino get struck down.

I would still consider Liverpool to be favourites, and it would be nice for them to win it again properly in front of their fans, but I think it will be more difficult for them.

Edited by metalman

1 minute ago, metalman said:

Yeah but I think Liverpool have decent back up there. They could struggle if Salah, Mane or Firmino get struck down.

Definitely it's our weakest area in squad depth. As much as Origi seems to have been the weirdest clutch player in certain circumstances he's just not a good backup for a title challenging team. Shaqiri again falls into the category of good player but not a title challenging backup. Minamino will probably play the backup role for Bobby. I'd like Brewster to stay but I think he needs Prem experience.

2 hours ago, DavidMarrio said:

Glorified friendly for a giant 50p. It's all about getting minutes into the legs. 

If I was predicting the Premier League now, I'd have Liverpool winning the title. I don't see any reason why they won't stl be the best team in the league with all the players they've got, and City haven't really strengthened at all yet. Chelsea were miles and miles off their standard and some of these new signings will take a while to bed in properly.

The big thing for Liverpool in that game was Minamino’s goal and getting the run out, I think they’re too mentally strong for this to effect them, however the sooner crowds are back, the better for Liverpool as they’re a high energy team that clearly gains something from atmosphere.

Arsenal NEED to retain Aubameyang, it’s starting to look like he’ll go on a free next year, but if that’s what it takes for Arsenal to keep his services, then they should accept that, they could maybe squeeze CL football if Chelsea don’t click

45 minutes ago, Colly said:

Forgive the Daily Mail link but it's my favourite headline since the Chuckle Brothers prevented that sexual assault.

"Socrates was a load of s*** and feta tastes horrible!"

Heard he was saying that Hercules isn't even a good Disney film. Proper sacrilege 

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Forgive the Daily Mail link but it's my favourite headline since the Chuckle Brothers prevented that sexual assault.

"Socrates was a load of s*** and feta tastes horrible!"

I heard he offered Archimedes out for a fight and threatened to piss in Pythagoras's lentils.