Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

3 minutes ago, metalman said:

Why be so critical of Allardyce? He’s not very fashionable but more often than not he gets the job done at teams of this calibre.

And if not he can get sacked a few weeks before the drop so it doesn't tarnish his record!

DESTROY AND EXIT.

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Big Sam and West Brom are such a perfect match I can't believe this isn't going to be something like his 3rd spell as their manager.

Similarly, I find it surprising that none of these managers have come to Norwich. Equally I wouldn't be able to identify the last two Norwich managers (Neil Adams and Alex Neil) out of a lineup if I tried.

1 hour ago, Jolly Old St Naitch said:

Similarly, I find it surprising that none of these managers have come to Norwich. Equally I wouldn't be able to identify the last two Norwich managers (Neil Adams and Alex Neil) out of a lineup if I tried.

Is the next one going to be named Adam Alex or Alex Adams?

Also holy shit is this all Sam Alladyce has accomplished throughout his career?

C39FEFEB-1BD7-4621-940D-6B55850E3229.png

2 hours ago, Jingle Benjamin said:

Is the next one going to be named Adam Alex or Alex Adams?

Also holy shit is this all Sam Alladyce has accomplished throughout his career?

C39FEFEB-1BD7-4621-940D-6B55850E3229.png

This is unfair. None of the teams he has managed could expect to any major trophy success, and he exceeded expectations at all of them (Newcastle excepted, admittedly). He took over at Blackburn, Crystal Palace, Everton and West Ham when they were in the relegation zone and left them in a better place than he found them, and his Bolton team were genuinely one of the best things of early 2000s PL.

He’s an easy punchline but I don’t think West Brom could call on a better guy to get them out of this fix. I also think there is a slightly nasty element to the anti-Allardyce stuff which emanates from a largely southern English commentariat who sneer at him because he is extremely northern.

• Like 5