Football Manager 2021

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gonna be a flood of 'I lost 1-0 and the xG was 4.00 to 0.01' posts all over the SI forums.

We are bound to see "Manager @JimmyDean beckons over Lamela, seductively, with his body"

Not being able to have any of the correct logos in the Xbox version would drive me crazy. The fake competition names are less of an issue, but the big ugly logos are a no go for me.

seems theyve removed the fitness percentage for a player and replaced them with coloured hearts, bizarre choice for an unneccessary change, as ive seen pointed out - how many pre-match press conferences do managers point out there players fitness is 'green heart' rather than 90% fit etc

1 minute ago, mattu29 said:

seems theyve removed the fitness percentage for a player and replaced them with coloured hearts, bizarre choice for an unneccessary change, as ive seen pointed out - how many pre-match press conferences do managers point out there players fitness is 'green heart' rather than 90% fit etc

I imagine that it'll be like when they replaced the number attirubtes with bars - it'll be something which you can change back in the options.

On 23/10/2020 at 19:50, metalman said:

My iron law is not to start players on less than 90% fitness and to sub them off when they go below 70%. Not sure how I'd be able to adapt to that if the percentages are replaced by emojis.

This but subbing off the first three to hit 80% or lower, 85% with yellow cards, and a preference for starting players needing match fitness for cup and European group games.

16 minutes ago, metalman said:

I generally don't sub off players for poor performance because the replacement will probably be even worse.

I get extremely pissed off at poor performing players and always do the stupid emotional subbing off. It's my greatest weakness.

I demand perfection at all times.

You know, when I think about it I'm actually really shit at Football Manager, even though I usually end up being reasonably successful. I've pretty much had the same tactic since 2010. If my assistant manager wants to do something I'll probably let him because I assume he knows more than me. If I'm losing 1-0 with ten minutes to go I won't change my formation or anything because that's too much work (it really is a pain in the arse). I'll just make the mentality more attacking. I basically have an internalised algorithm where I adjust the team mentality based on whether scores are level or I'm ahead or behind by 1, 2 or three goals. And that's about all the tactics I do.

And I've never even touched player training.