Football Manager 2021

FestiveJack

On 23/10/2020 at 19:50, metalman said:

My iron law is not to start players on less than 90% fitness and to sub them off when they go below 70%. Not sure how I'd be able to adapt to that if the percentages are replaced by emojis.

This but subbing off the first three to hit 80% or lower, 85% with yellow cards, and a preference for starting players needing match fitness for cup and European group games.

16 minutes ago, metalman said:

I generally don't sub off players for poor performance because the replacement will probably be even worse.

I get extremely pissed off at poor performing players and always do the stupid emotional subbing off. It's my greatest weakness.

I demand perfection at all times.

You know, when I think about it I'm actually really shit at Football Manager, even though I usually end up being reasonably successful. I've pretty much had the same tactic since 2010. If my assistant manager wants to do something I'll probably let him because I assume he knows more than me. If I'm losing 1-0 with ten minutes to go I won't change my formation or anything because that's too much work (it really is a pain in the arse). I'll just make the mentality more attacking. I basically have an internalised algorithm where I adjust the team mentality based on whether scores are level or I'm ahead or behind by 1, 2 or three goals. And that's about all the tactics I do.

And I've never even touched player training.

Now, this is an unconfirmed rumor, but word is there will be a special mode in FM this year.

You select an overrated player with zero business sense, three corrupt CEOs who will probably use your club as an embezzlement scheme, and a cherished landmark to destroy.

Then you're given a field of completely random players to start with, and an objective of finding aged European players who will score goals for fun but apparently finds scoring goals to be incredibly boring

It's called Inter Miami CF: Road To 20th Place

48 minutes ago, Lineker said:

So obsessed.

It'll still be at least a few weeks until proper footy starts playing in Broward County again, and a month and a half until Cyberpunk 2077, so in the mean time I'm drinking chocolate milk and mocking Inter. And I'm out of chocolate milk.

Well, that it was a boring moment at work thought, after realizing a continuity error in my current video game project.

3 minutes ago, apsham said:

I'm starting to think that ORO is just the intertwined spirts of a demolished stadium and a meat stuff pastry dish given access to a keyboard.

No, you're thinking of Nick Cage's Ghost Rider. I'm just killing time mocking a mockery.

17 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Now, this is an unconfirmed rumor, but word is there will be a special mode in FM this year.

You select an overrated player with zero business sense, three corrupt CEOs who will probably use your club as an embezzlement scheme, and a cherished landmark to destroy.

Then you're given a field of completely random players to start with, and an objective of finding aged European players who will score goals for fun but apparently finds scoring goals to be incredibly boring

It's called Inter Miami CF: Road To 20th Place

Do us all a favour and keep this in the MLS thread. It’s bad enough reading this shit in one place, let alone all over the board. It’s awfully boring.

• Like 13

Wouldn't the kind of special mode ORO is suggesting be much better using an iconic national hero? Generational stars and/or former international captains from their respective countries.

Andy Selva leading the Sammarinese revival, for example.