Football Manager 2021

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do us all a favour and keep this in the MLS thread. It’s bad enough reading this shit in one place, let alone all over the board. It’s awfully boring.

Got the England Tier 10 database and started a game in the Spartan South Midlands Division One (as Winslow United). My 42-year-old Assistant Manager is also my star winger. He is being paid

This is the kind of shit I do on a beta save to amuse myself. 100% worth it.

Posted Images

On 14/11/2020 at 09:50, Jasonmufc said:

So 4231 is as disgustingly strong as it has ever been. My mate's made a 4231 Vertical Tiki-Taka and he's been destroying the premier league.

e52cda71beba3bf8ce97b0871f30fd4b.png

b108b51b32846f97928bebe70d9e5708.png

I've no idea about 21 but I tried this on 20 and promptly won my Europa League match with Sheff U against Maritimo 9-0. 

• Like 1

Weirdly just had the team confront me about standing in the way of Phil Jones' dream move except that I'm not. He's been transfer listed all season and played 1 game, I want him gone more than anyone.

Also now that I've gotten to the knockout stage of the Champions League I've noticed that the match UI no longer displays the aggregate scoreline, just the score for the current leg.

2020 question here, but it seems like none of the logo packs I've come across has MUFC for legal reasons. I'm pretty much screwed on that front then?

FM2020 keeps crashing constantly and I can't even set up tactics. Fucking hell.

Yep, that did it.

I spent all evening adding in all the necessary packs and changes (not easy on a Mac and not knowing what you’re doing)

Setup a master game to use, a Liverpool game and have now created a team in Vanarama South based on my draft team with some self imposed rules of only allowed players on free transfer or under 21, i ramped up the rep and shit to try and entice some of the decent wonderkids.

Lets see how it works out.

I don't know how this works in terms of the board rules. So if I'm off base I'll delete this post.

But I still have the sortitoutsi premium and if anyone wants single links (as opposed to the free 500 links alternative) to the megapacks for faces and logos, I'm offering to anyone who wants them.

Edited by Jasonmufc

7k a week at Atletico sounds like a decent deal. He probably has a good life. Why shouldn’t he try to wring a few quid out of you if you are trying to take him away from a lovely city for only the merest sniff at first-team football? 😕

• Like 4

So i've been doing something inherently foolish in trying to push away from the 'meta' of Vertical Tiki-Taka being just being the best ever tactic that just works however you want, by trying to create my own tactical vision.

It's not been working at all and i've been struggling to beat mid-table sides, let alone look comfortable.

I've been trying to build a fluid direct system on a 433 DM Wide, Feijenoord (the team I decided to manage post-release) have a bunch of super capable pacy inside wingers, and I want them to be the main threats.

Rather that my striker is another goalscoring (or pressing) threat, I want him to be a strong lad that flicks the ball onto cutting wingers for shots... Except I'm just banging my head against the wall.

unknown.png

That's the general shape, but no combination of instructions have been really giving me the results I want. It seems like the striker barely does the 'hossy target man' thing, and most passes still end up getting yeeted out wide first and letting the opposition stack the box before we can get the fun times going.

Anyone else got experience in FM21 trying to build something on this idea (speedy wingers + marauding midfielder playing off a hoss up front)?

I really don't want to just resign myself to play Vertical Tiki-Taka this year in the knowledge that it will just work without much effort or tactical genius on my end.