NHL 2021

SeanDMan

3 minutes ago, SeanDMan said:

Developing story out of Chicago that there was systemic and repeated sexual abuse of players by members of coaching/management, and that the league became aware of it and helped to cover it up by convincing one of the victims that he was asking for it and thus at fault.

Fucking hell.

Okay so the article is more specific, it makes thr coverup definitely systemic but puts most of the blame on the Blackhawks organization, not the league.

Obvious warnings apply to people who want to read it:

https://www.tsn.ca/chicago-blackhawks-alleged-sex-abuse-of-players-police-1.1656229

Islanders aren't really playing any differently than they have in the first two series, the Lightning are just simply a far better team that cash in on every mistake.

They're keeping things close so this series is not over, but my usual thought of "anything can happen in playoff hockey" goes out the window if they lose Game 4.  Tough to imagine beating this buzzsaw Tampa team three games in a row.

I feel like it's much better to lose 8-0 than 2-1. You might be able to convince yourself that if you played the game again, it might be 2-1 your way.

Tougher to sell that when the difference is 8 goals.

Guy has been clutch.

In sadder news;

https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of-chicago-blackhawks-players-an-open-secret-source-1.1659115

I seriously thought we had rooted out this shit. This was an epidemic in junior hockey in the 80s and 90s and the fact that it can still happen in the fucking NHL this late in the game is disgusting.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just reading about that. What's going around is that he and some friends were watching fireworks from a hot tub, one of the fireworks fell over and shot at them, and he fell and hit his head trying to run from it. :(

• Sad 1