Thought it worth starting the new season thread seeing as trading starts tomorrow and the draft (with a Timberwolves #1 pick, I swear if we use it on Lamelo Ball I'll be very angry, I'm not sure he can spell "team" let alone understand the concept of being part of one) on Wednesday.

Speaking of trades and their rumours, here's a Woj dump.

• Like 1
  • Lineker changed the title to NBA 2020-2021 Season
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, my current life goal is to be the Lineker of the NBA.

I wouldn't blame him.

Anthony Edwards has done an interview where he says he doesn't care about basketball, would drop the sport in a second if he got an invite to the NFL, and wants to be a rapper more than an all star.

It would go about the same way as when the Thunder had KD, Harden, and Westbrook. 

Pretty excited to see if any big trades happen tomorrow. 

Chris Paul has been traded to the Suns.

Not a strong return for OKC but they're stockpiling future picks to rebuild with. It's possible the Houston picks work out extremely well for them. I wouldn't trust a 2022 Suns pick to be more than in the high teens.

I get it from both sides, but I don't know how well Booker and Paul will play together. Booker seems more suited to having a point guard that always looks to pass first, rather then a Chris Paul type.

For the record, outside the 2022 pick, OKC gets Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, and Jalen Lecque.

Just now, LL. said:

For the record, outside the 2022 pick, OKC gets Ricky Rubio, Kelly Oubre, Ty Jerome, and Jalen Lecque.

All of those guys are in turn flippable or maybe steady roster guys during a rebuild.

Just now, damshow said:

All of those guys are in turn flippable or maybe steady roster guys during a rebuild.

I can definitely see someone like Kelly Oubre sticking around.

I can definitely see a few teams making a move for Rubio if the Thunder aren't planning on keeping him around long-term. He's a pure playmaker and a very good defender, although his scoring has never panned out enough to really become the star he was touted to being, he can be an extremely useful piece for any team looking to going deep in the playoffs.

Kinda like Calderon was, but with much better defensive skills.

Dream bigger.

• Haha 1

Bruce Brown should thrive on the Nets. He'll basically be defending 1-3 for us and be our best defender in the process. 

Musa was a project that never really panned out but maybe he'll get more run in Detroit and turn out to be something worth wild - but his shot was nonexistent aside from playing in the G League. 

What could the Nets even send to the Rockets for Harden? Like draft picks? I don't understand how that would work. I don't want draft picks from a team that's going to be good especially in Basketball

It’s far more likely Philly swings a deal for him with Ben Simmons as the centerpiece 

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

What could the Nets even send to the Rockets for Harden? Like draft picks? I don't understand how that would work. I don't want draft picks from a team that's going to be good especially in Basketball

LeVert probably. And some picks. Houston will probably want to replenish their picks in 2023-2026 and Brooklyn figures to drop off sometime around then due to age. LeVert can then look really good in a featured role in Houston and be flipped for more picks.

Just now, Maxx said:

It’s far more likely Philly swings a deal for him with Ben Simmons as the centerpiece 

But, yes, this is the trade that's likely to happen.

Would be hilarious if he can't make the deal work and has to sheepishly either go back to Houston or to a far lesser team.

Bucks get: Jrue Holiday

Pelicans get: George Hill, Eric Bledsoe, 3 first round picks

Also 2 pick swaps. 

Christ. 

You only trade those picks away if you're certain by making this move you are getting Giannis to stick around. It's a good, win-now trade for Milwaukee. They don't need picks if Giannis stays since they can fill out the bench with veteran free agents.

• Like 1

Yeah. I mean it's basically what the Lakers payed for Anthony Davis. And Jrue is no Anthony Davis. 

The Bucks also sent Donte DiVincenzo over to the Kings for Bogdan Bogdanovich.

But I agree that if they keep Giannis this team could be incredibly scary. It's just a huge roll of the dice to take on a guy that could potentially leave as early as next season. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pooker
      With free agency set to begin tomorrow, I think it's time to start a new topic.
      Kemba Walker is expected to sign with the Boston Celtics. So much for giving the Hornets a homedown discount.
      Nikola Mirotic is expected to sign with Barcelona of the Euroleague. Did not see that one coming.
      Warriors are going to give Klay Thompson a max contract, while Durant is taking meetings with the Knicks, Clippers, and Warriors.
      Kawhi Leonard is also meeting with the Clippers, along with the Lakers and the Raptors.
      Kyrie Irving is trying to get something done with the Nets.
      Derrick Favors is going to open up free agency taking calls from whoever, although the Jazz have until July 6th to guarantee his contract or make him an unrestricted free agent. The Jazz are expected to meet with Bobby Portis in LA tomorrow. I'm sure the talks there will decide what we do with Favors.
      Bunch of other rumors out there too but that covers a lot of them, I think. Should be a fun summer.
    • By Pooker
      Figured since the first big move of the off season just happened and with the draft tomorrow, it would be ok to start a new season thread. 
      The Hornets have agreed to trade Dwight Howard to the Nets for Timothy Mozgov. 
    • By Twist
      Couldn't find a thread for this coming season, so.
      I need help. It appears the League Pass option where I could pay relatively little and choose any 8 games a month is gone (boooo). And I don't want to pay £25 a month. So the £15 option is to pick a single team. Thing is I've never really settled on a team to follow/support. So I need to choose a team that's going to be an entertaining watch this year, plenty of exciting/close games. I'd also rather not watch the top few teams spend half the season dominating their opponents.
      So who would people advise I consider?
      I've thought about the Thunder but not a huge fan of Westbrook, same for the Rockets and Harden. I thought about the Bucks but Giannis doesn't reason enough on his own. Hell, I've considered LAL for the freakin' circus show of it all this year but I just can't.
      So who EWB? Who? Please help. Who's going to be a fun team to watch this year?
    • By Tyrone
      Kyrie Irving is the standard edition cover star, DeMar DeRozan is the Canadian edition cover star and Shaq is on the standard and gold Legend editions.
      Screenshots of PG, Isaiah and DeRozan
      MyGM and MyLeague news from Senior Producer
      MyLeague is my favorite mode in the 2K games, so adding a story + G-League and new CBA stuff like supermax deals has me pretty hyped.
    • By Jasonmufc
      So this game released worldwide 2 days ago, and apparently according to the reviews it is p. gud. And most importantly, no Spike Lee in the career mode.
      Some changes & additions
      - 2016/1992 USA Mens Basketball Team
      - 2016 Australian Mens Basketball Team
      - 'Living' Arenas, unique sounds and looks of all the 30 different NBA courts.
      - 'Dynamic Commentary' with Chris Webber, Steve Smith, Brent Barry, Clark Kellogg, and Doris Burke alternating as third commentator.
      - David Aldridge new sideline reporter, replacing Doris Burke.
      - MyCareer interviews with EJ/Shaq/Kenny
      - More coaching animations and clips during timeouts
      - Face scanning now available on PC
      - Improved physics and animation, no more 'canned' animations.
      - Better ball physics.
      - No more ghost limbs, balls will react to all limbs and no longer ghost through whenever the AI pleases. (better hitboxes)

- MyLeague/MyGM expansion teams, to a maximum of 36 teams, with Draft Lotteries and expansion drafts.
      - Start MyGM/MyLeague from the off-season.
      - Jersey retirements in MyLeague/MyGM
      - Rotation Timelines, to finetune exact rotations between all four quarters. (Keep your clutch players in late when they play less early on.)
      - MyLeague/MyGM 'Dynamic Rule Changes', to alter certain rules on a yearly basis.
      - Team Rivals in MyLeague/MyGM, to slowly build new rivalries between teams as they face each other in playoffs and clutch games.
      - New MyCareer story starring Michael B. Jordan. Allowing you once more to play in College, and also to play for Team USA.
      - Dynamic Duo, a new chemistry system where two players with great chemistry improve each other when they're on court. (e.g. Klay/Curry)
      - More 'choice' and you're not railroaded into Spike Lee's vision of a Harlem kid with a black twin sister and black parents, even though your player is whiter than a carton of milk.
      -- TL;DR, lots of shit changed.
      It's also getting great reviews on the internet, with IGN giving it a 8.9, Polygon a 8.0, and a lot of others above the 90... So apparently it's p. gud.

Personally though, I'm not sure if I should get it just yet. I've already found it priced around 30 euros on keysites, but with the (pre-)season still a bit away, the chances of starting a legit MyGm/MyLeague with good rosters is a small one, since with training camps a lot of shit is going to no doubt happen.
      Anyone here getting the game, or already got it? What are your opinions on this year's title?