NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

Thought it worth starting the new season thread seeing as trading starts tomorrow and the draft (with a Timberwolves #1 pick, I swear if we use it on Lamelo Ball I'll be very angry, I'm not sure he can spell "team" let alone understand the concept of being part of one) on Wednesday.

Speaking of trades and their rumours, here's a Woj dump.

• Like 1

• Lineker changed the title to NBA 2020-2021 Season

I can definitely see a few teams making a move for Rubio if the Thunder aren't planning on keeping him around long-term. He's a pure playmaker and a very good defender, although his scoring has never panned out enough to really become the star he was touted to being, he can be an extremely useful piece for any team looking to going deep in the playoffs.

Kinda like Calderon was, but with much better defensive skills.

Bruce Brown should thrive on the Nets. He'll basically be defending 1-3 for us and be our best defender in the process. 

Musa was a project that never really panned out but maybe he'll get more run in Detroit and turn out to be something worth wild - but his shot was nonexistent aside from playing in the G League. 

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

What could the Nets even send to the Rockets for Harden? Like draft picks? I don't understand how that would work. I don't want draft picks from a team that's going to be good especially in Basketball

LeVert probably. And some picks. Houston will probably want to replenish their picks in 2023-2026 and Brooklyn figures to drop off sometime around then due to age. LeVert can then look really good in a featured role in Houston and be flipped for more picks.

Just now, Maxx said:

It’s far more likely Philly swings a deal for him with Ben Simmons as the centerpiece 

But, yes, this is the trade that's likely to happen.