NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

Yeah. I mean it's basically what the Lakers payed for Anthony Davis. And Jrue is no Anthony Davis. 

The Bucks also sent Donte DiVincenzo over to the Kings for Bogdan Bogdanovich.

But I agree that if they keep Giannis this team could be incredibly scary. It's just a huge roll of the dice to take on a guy that could potentially leave as early as next season. 

I think it's a pretty clear sign that Giannis isn't leaving, at least in the short term. 

Love the moves though. Sacrificing some depth but maybe now Budenholzer will actually play Giannis more than 30 minutes a game. 

I'm hoping we can fleece this first time GM in Houston and keep either LeVert or Allen - but they're probably both gone with Dinwiddie if he's smart. I'm cautiously optimistic so far.. 

We've come a LONG way from this being our big signings during LeBron's decision offseason. 

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

Is it really just going to be Kyrie, KD, and Harden? And Jordan? Might be enough to get them through in the East, but they'll be destroyed in the Finals.

Depends on who gets dealt, really.

We just added Bruce Bowen - who is a extremely solid defender at the 1-3. Also Joe Harris is a "top priority" for the Nets in FA and it seems they'll go over the luxury tax to re-sign him. So that's a solid six if we don't get anyone else in return with Harden - although PJ Tucker might get thrown in. Besides that we'll get a couple of ring chasers (Ibaka? Although I'm not sure how that would work financially..)  to fill out the rotation and should be in good shape.

I mean look at the Lakers, they have LeBron and AD but the supporting cast is just as good as the Nets - if not worse (obvious bias). Dwight, JaVale, Caruso, Danny Green, Kuzma, Morris, and JR Smith? I know Bradley skipped the bubble and Rondo was mostly hurt iirc. So I mean, as long as the trio preforms well I could definitely see us being in contention next year.

Edited by DYSI

Anthony Edwards has done an interview where he says he doesn't care about basketball, would drop the sport in a second if he got an invite to the NFL, and wants to be a rapper more than an all star.

This #1 pick could not have happened at a worse time.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1