NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

36 minutes ago, damshow said:

What the fuck? Does Brad Stevens have access to a time machine for Al Horford?

I would argue that Kemba is equally in need of a time machine. Or 2 working knees. This is basically bad contract + 16th pick for bad contract + Moses Brown. Brown is probably better than whatever the Celtics could've drafted. Kemba can be a mentor for SGA for a couple years and OKC clearly just wants every 1st round pick for the rest of time.

24 minutes ago, Cut2theKwik said:

I would argue that Kemba is equally in need of a time machine. Or 2 working knees. This is basically bad contract + 16th pick for bad contract + Moses Brown. Brown is probably better than whatever the Celtics could've drafted. Kemba can be a mentor for SGA for a couple years and OKC clearly just wants every 1st round pick for the rest of time.

It's not that they shouldn't have tried to get out from the Kemba contract, it's that they probably could have worked out a better deal. Al Horford is washed and I don't know how they're going to get him off the books to free up room for an impact signing or acquisition.

17 minutes ago, damshow said:

It's not that they shouldn't have tried to get out from the Kemba contract, it's that they probably could have worked out a better deal. Al Horford is washed and I don't know how they're going to get him off the books to free up room for an impact signing or acquisition.

I really doubt they would have gotten a better deal. They shaved about $9M and $10M off the cap the next two seasons and the second season isn't even fully guaranteed for Horford. Any other Kemba move probably sees them bringing back just as bad of a contract as his so at least they gain some more flexibility.

And they got Moses Brown who could be a solid rotational piece. 

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Pretty sure that there's a new rule that every team must trade one first pick to OKC.

They have 35 picks (18 1st round) the next 7 drafts.

I remember playing a Fast Break Basketball save like this once. It only looks dumb until you pick Jordan, Barkley, Hakeem and Stockton in the same draft year. :shifty:

Fuck the Clippers for pulling their players out one by one. Bullshit move. I get they're excited but celebrate after the game.

Hell of a season for the Jazz. Hate to see it end after a series plagued by injuries, but we blew leads in 3 out of the 4 losses. Snyder failed to adjust to the Clippers running the same play every time down the court and that really killed us.

Go Hawks!

So the Jazz are 0-1 after John Stockton came out as an antivaxxer. 💀

The whole Dallas story reeks of "where there is smoke..." regarding Haralabos Voulgaris pissing everybody off