Pandemic based EWR Scenario idea

Working on the current EWR data, November, I came up with the scenario of a pandemic based setting where essentially all of the companies folded, but in the wake of their folding seven companies rose from those ashes. Right now, I currently have:

• Jericho Cruise Wrestling (based out of Canada and pretty straight forward, Jericho has a weekly show on his cruise ship)
  • Pure Fusion Wrestling (think how TNA was back in the mid-2000s, geared towards high flying action and professional wrestling)
  • Windy City Pro Wrestling (which might be rechanged around)
  • Championship Wrestling Association (Mexico based company)
  • American Wrestling Association (one of the two factual companies to return, but based out of Canada)
  • Kings of Wrestling (will be ran by Jerry Lawler and harkens back to Memphis style)
  • Josh Barnett's Bloodsport (another factual company, with Josh Barnett being the solo worker so far)

Right now, those are the names I am working with, and those seven are National companies. I wanna add in more but I would love to hear more stuff from y'all. Especially with suggestions to wrestling and the alike.

Just my two cents, but the obvious problem is that WWE aren't going to just vanish after they've just reported their most profitable year ever. Even if they were in any actual danger they'd bin off the two NXT branches first to save costs before they fold.

If the pandemic is bad enough that the biggest company in the world is hit financially enough to have to fold completely, how is any other promotion justifiably going to run?

• Like 3

Just didn't make sense to me on first read that Vince McMahon couldn't pay to keep WWE afloat but Josh Barnett had the cash together to get people to knock each other out.

AEW you can drop Dark and releasing Jericho as you appear to have done will presumably save them enough money to keep going. They've still got the TV deal money to run with. 

Canning NXT and NXT:UK also frees up a whole load of roster for you disperse elsewhere.

I know they don't exactly co-operate with EWR's limitations but NJPW and a British fed seem like obvious additions.

• Like 1

Since there is no way to put that in the mod directly, I'd just have in in your thread with the backstory,

Assuming this is a mod for 2021, I'd go with the logic that for 2019 and 2020 the wrestling world shut down, and in 2021 it's allowed to reopen, you can even run a delayed start of AEW, WWE with a skeleton roster, Lucha Underground return, and NJPW moving to America.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/11/2020 at 19:37, TheWho87 said:

Since there is no way to put that in the mod directly, I'd just have in in your thread with the backstory,

Assuming this is a mod for 2021, I'd go with the logic that for 2019 and 2020 the wrestling world shut down, and in 2021 it's allowed to reopen, you can even run a delayed start of AEW, WWE with a skeleton roster, Lucha Underground return, and NJPW moving to America.

I am currently redoing this scenario again, adding tweaks to the idea. I took your advice and added Lucha Underground. With a new staff (merging some of the staff with AAA), Vampiro and Excalibur are doing the announcing this time. Matt Striker is with GFW and doing comm. with Don Callis.

The whole idea is that more than a few feds have gone inactive (like the WWE would be hosting a classic greatest hits on the Network, AEW reverts back to its roster pre-DON) and most feds have closed down because of the ongoing pandemic. And going by current real world logic, 2021 is set to have a fresh restart due to the rising number of COVID 19 vaccines.

Currently, I have eight promotions in total, though I do wanna add in a couple of more.

• WWE

Still thinking on what stars would be part of a skeleton crew, outside of noted WWE for life people; Ross and Lawler are announcing currently

• AEW

Think pre-DON roster, the Bucks, Kenny, Page, and likely Jericho; own by the Khans with The Coachman and Booker T are announcing currently

• GFW

No roster, yet though I am leaning towards using FTR, Tully, Tessa, Shawn Spears, and Big Show, but ran by the Jarretts, Don Callis, Scott, and Nordholm; Striker and Callis are announcing currently)

• ROH

No roster, but ran by Joe Koff and announced by Kevin Kelly and Rich Bochini

• ECW

Brock, Tyson, Cain Velasquez, and maybe Dreamer and some couple of MMA guys; Steve Corino owns the company as does Paul Heyman, which I know is insane given the bad blood; DJ Hyde and Al Snow are backstage agents, and Todd Keneley and CM Punk are announcing

• Lucha Underground

Chavo, Rey, Felix, and Pentagon Jr. currently, with Excalibur and Vampiro as announcers and owned by Marisela Peña

• NWA

A loose retooling of the current NWA roster, as title holders wise, and owned by Meji with William Patrick Corgan, Court H. Bauer, and David Marquez as backstage personal; Renee Paquette and Nigel McGuinness are announcing

• WOW

Owned by Allison Danger, with David McLane and Lexi Frye as backstage personal, and announced by Dave Prazak and Dasha Fuentes.

As of right now, those are the current feds I have save right now with some ideas tossing around.

But I will be willing to have people test it out currently, and see what people think and what people give me roster pointers and whatnot.