www.youtube.com/c/TheUnemployedHistorian

Hobo

UHchannellart.png

Some of you may remember, for a few years, I did the Internet video thing. Initially "reviewing" historical films, it sort of evovled into a general history channel that also had a weirdly popular multi-part video on TS Eliot's The Waste Land.  I was sort of in the outer circles of what was once Channel Awesome. I once appeared in a video with  Dan Olson (FoldingIdeas) by Leon Thomas (RenegadeCut) many years before the words "LeftTube" were ever invented. If those words mean anything to anyone!

Over the last few months I've been getting back into the writing of scripts and have a video almost ready to drop within the next week probably. The first one will be, as is tradtion with my videos, on Irish history. The return video will be drawing parallels between contemporary Irish politics and the early 1930s.

If you're interested in checking out some of the older stuff, here's some examples of my videos. 3 are some of my most popular one is just the last one I did which I think is one of my best.

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheUnemployedHistorian/

I'm wary that since the channel's been inactive for a while YouTube will not be kind to the new one when it comes out. I hope some of you who were fans of the old videos will check out the new stuff once it starts coming out, and, of course, new viewers are very welcome.

• Like 7

The return video should (hopefully) be up sometime over this weekend!

I'm currently on my 8th attempt at exporting it. Myself and Adobe Premiere are having a bit of a fight. :shifty:

• Like 1

sighs and re-subscribes

• Haha 1

Ok, so the video did go up last night

however, there's some mad audio sync issues in the YouTube version so it's not public yet ...

The age old curse of giving a delivery date for a YouTube video strikes again :shifty:

16 hours ago, Hobo said:

And it is live!

Started to watch it, but it was 1:30am and involves a lot of politics I don't understand, being an American.  I'll give it another shot another night if I get off work earlier

4 minutes ago, Hobo said:

At the end of the video I should have said: Like, share, and subscribe!

So I say it now

You forgot "Comment down below"!

1 minute ago, Bobfoc said:

Also, "This video is sponsored by NordVPN/Raid: Shadow Legends."

Aiming to get that sweet Adam and Eve.com spon for my forethcoming video about Mother Teresa.

Video got signal boosted my old pal Leon Thomas (the host of RenegadeCut). He's got 15K followers. Then Diamanda Hagan, another former Channel Awesome person, who has about 8K followers also shared it. So that helped up the views. Also the subs on the channel have gone up to 730. I've no idea what it was before Monday. I think it was high 600s.

Unlike last time I released a video, I've got a few scripts in the works at the moment. All at various levels of completion. My browser has folders for 6 different videos. 4 of which I have started writing in some way shape or form.

It just got shared into an Irish history reddit by my reddit using best friend so lets see how that goes.

• Like 2

1 week since the first video in 2 years was uploaded. 96+ followers and the video has nearly as many views as the previous video got in 2 years.

I have started work on what should be next one over the weekend.

• 2 months later...
  • Hobo changed the title to www.youtube.com/c/TheUnemployedHistorian
On 07/03/2021 at 17:24, Hobo said:

Here it be!

Hobo starts talking about the history of Balkan politics

c1cfe7dfc42460c4a0d71e6cf4782f3e.gif

• Haha 1