www.youtube.com/c/TheUnemployedHistorian

Hobo

3 hours ago, Lint said:

Hobo starts talking about the history of Balkan politics

c1cfe7dfc42460c4a0d71e6cf4782f3e.gif

Hah! This was the condensed version too. 😄

• Haha 1

How much would you say you tried to write this, and other videos you put out, with a skew more toward being purely educational than for entertainment purposes? Caus I guess something as niche as regional politics is going to be a very dry subject matter but it seems like you're still trying to inject a little fun and personality into with stuff like tall boi Vucic or the aside on Joe Dioguardi factoids.

I've been re-watching some of your older stuff over the last few days and it feels like even your movie stuff which you've branched away from was trying to more than just the 'let's riff on the bad movie' stuff one might expect from the genre, though I'm not sure how much it had evolved anyway by the time you were first doing these in, what, the early to mid 10's? Obviously now the whole video essay thing has been in vogue for a while. Is the movie stuff something you'd ever go back to again, either something released previously or if there was a big release in the future based on a historical figure/event?

I think by the time I had started Kyle Kallgren, for example, was already making his videos and NChick was moving into that direction of trying to have a point rather than purely riffing.

I used to make a real effort to write jokes. Now I write some jokes but I try not to force it too much really. The mostly voice over format lends itself to me playing around in editing with things. If its text or a visual thing  I did it in post and probably didn't script it.

Maybe I'll do movies again one day. I do have something in mind actually but I dunno when I will do it.

I mainly moved away from the films because of copyright flagging. That and none of the film Episodes really performed well on YouTube. Only 1 is in my most viewed and thats because it got featured in an article on a popular Irish news site.

The comments under this one are 50% Serbs disagreeing with the video and 50% Kosovar-Albanians  agreeing with it.

So theres that.

4 hours ago, King Ellis said:

At least it's not refugees from the Irish Slave videos being like "Oh, so you let the Serbians and the Kosovans comment but not us!"

Now if the serbs and the white supremacists combined...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The channel is now sitting on 980 subscribers! 20 away from having as many subscribers as the population of Vatican City

And I have just found out I was mentioned on the Latin American focussed website Remezcla in 2015 for my Lt. Nun video. In which, I was referred to as "a goofy, but strangely intriguing European gentleman". Which is now my twitter bio. Replacing the time some guy called me "a really big nothing that does not belong anywhere, let alone on the internet". I figure I should start keeping records of these things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 02/11/2021 at 20:48, Hobo said:

"Hip hip hurra! Alles ist super, alles ist wunderbar!"

new video drops with a live premier tomorrow at 9pm GMT

D'video is now live

Please enjoy the auto thumbnail YouTube chose for the test upload

Screenshot_20211104-132852_YT Studio.jpg