8. The Boys
9. What We Do In The Shadows
10. I Hate Suzie
11. Chronicles of Sabrina
12. The Plot Against America
13. The Outsider
14. Staged
15. The Third Day

Got Industry and We Are Who We Are to finish as well, think the latter might end up in here.

Edited by Jimmy

Bit disappointed to find that Daybreak was 2019. Oh well... 

1. Snowpiercer (by a country mile)

2. Discovery (Burnham is now annoying me a lot though)

3. Altered Carbon (series 2 nowhere near s1)

4. The Alienist

5. The Last Dance

6. Home Game

7. Norsemen

8. Aunty Donna's Big Ol' House of Fun

9. Hip Hop Evolution

10. Umbrella Academy

2 minutes ago, livid said:

Does Euphoria's very special Christmas episode count @GoGo Yubari or no? 

Yeah. It's up to the individual to determine how much quality/quantity weighs against other stuff, but it's a TV show and as long as they're not billing it as a TV movie or something like that then I figure it counts.

• Like 1

Alright...part of my issue is I watched so much stuff this year, I'm not sure what is

A.  New episodes this year

or

B.  New to me this year

So I'm gonna do this best I can, please disqualify anything that...well..doesn't qualify

1.  Agents of SHIELD.  I've always ranked this high because it was consistantly one of my favorite shows

2.  Legends of Tomorrow.  See reason above

3.  Stargirl.  I think you might be picking up a pattern here.  Brec Bassinger saved this show. 

4.  The Walking Dead.  No comment, just this was a really good season

5.  Tiger King.  If this doesn't get ranked, its because of that bitch Carol Baskins!

6.  Supernatural.  The post-COVID episodes were weak, but mostly because you could see people were noticeably 'social distancing'.  It made the ending rather weak, but the earlier episodes were great

7.  Batwoman.  Started off weak, got better, then probably due to COVID got weak in the end.

8.  The Flash.  See above

9.  Supergirl.  See #7

10.  The Animaniacs reboot.  Don't love it like I did the original Animaniacs, its just ok

11.  Star Trek: Picard.  I started off kinda liking it, but by the end was actively hate watching it

I still have to watch Animaniacs. Critical reviews say it doesn't have as much "teeth" as the original in terms of current events humor, but I reckon I'll like it on the basis of it's the Animaniacs.

1. Taskmaster
  2. No More Jockeys
  3. Star Trek Picard
  4. Star Trek Discovery
  5. Star Trek Lower Decks
  6. Quiz
  7. Staged
  8. Kim's Convenience
  9. Race Across the World
  10. Upload
  11. Space Force
  12. Queen's Gambit
  13. This Country
  14. The World's Toughest Race
  15. Criminal: UK

There was a lot of good TV this year actually

5 minutes ago, Josh Mulaney said:

I really need to sit down and watch No More Jockeys.

it's amazing. Probably stretches the definition of TV show ever so slightly, but It's a regularly broadcast show on a legitimate streaming platform so I figure why not

• Like 1

On 17/12/2020 at 10:40, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

I still have to watch Animaniacs. Critical reviews say it doesn't have as much "teeth" as the original in terms of current events humor, but I reckon I'll like it on the basis of it's the Animaniacs.

I think they mentioned in the show it was written/animated 2 years ago, which explains that.

1. Better Call Saul
2. Doctor Who
3. The Mandalorian
4. The Stranger
5. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
6. Rick & Morty
7. High Score
8. Great British Bake Off
9. Friday Night Dinner
10. Unsolved Mysteries

This is a really poor show from me. There are so many shows I should be listing here that I just haven't caught up on to watch the episodes that are eligible. I'm still miles behind on Supernatural, haven't seen the last season of The Good Place, nor the latest seasons of The Crown, Below Deck, Criminal UK, Sabrina, The Alienist, Fargo and surely so much more. I'm taking part because I feel the top six deserve to rank and if they do, I'll be glad I contributed. The bottom four are just decent shows/docs I watched this year and there's some other stuff (like Tiger King) that I have seen but just wouldn't put in the top 15-20 anyway.

As for the ones that I did pick, Better Call Saul has to be at the top. This season was so, so good and the actors deserved much more at the Emmys than they got. This season was so good that, with time on my hands this summer, it inspired me to rewatch all of Saul and all of Breaking Bad, so I've actually seen the eligible season twice already this year. The Mandalorian just wrapped up and was very entertaining, slickly made and cool. I only saw the first season earlier this year and loved that too. Doctor Who is just a delight for me, Jodie Whittaker is brilliant and there were more hits than misses in the latest series. All the stuff with The Master was fantastic and there were some really, really strong episodes towards the end. The Stranger was the best 'one-off' series I saw this year, captivating and binge-worthy, whilst Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Rick and Morty simply kept their quality level up into new seasons.

I hope next year is a happier hunting ground for me with new shows and seasons!

• Like 1

There's some missing on this because I haven't gotten around to it yet but figured this is about as set as I can get it.

1. The Boys
2. Dave
3. Gangs of London
4. The Last Kingdom
5. BoJack Horseman
6. The Umbrella Academy
7. The Mandalorian
8. The Flight Attendant
9. The Good Place
10. High Fidelity
11. The Last Dance
12. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
13. Rick and Morty
14. DC's Legends of Tomorrow
15. Westworld

Oh yeah best new character: GaTa from Dave

Edited by livid

1. She-Ra
  2. Bojack Horseman
  3. What We Do In The Shadows
  4. Kipo
  5. Only Connect
  6. Taskmaster
  7. I'll Be Gone In The Dark
  8. The Good Place
  9. Last Week Tonight
  10. The Vow
  11. Tiger King
  12. Murder on Middle Beach
  13. Lovecraft Country
  14. The Osbournes Want To Believe
  15. His Dark Materials

I was, uh, really reaching at the end there.

1. Better Call Saul

2. The Good Place

3. Bojack Horseman

4. What We Do in the Shadows

5. The Mandalorian

6. Big Mouth

I took a while to put this list together because I had to work out which of the shows I watched this year were actually new ones. As it turns out, most of them weren't.