"What the Hell is Going On?" Mafia Sign-Ups

Marv shot out of bed onto his feet to a most delicious aroma, but terrifying, booming sound. It done sounded like fireworks goin' off in his bedroom! But Marv knew they wa'int fireworks!

"Mama C! Wake up! The dang corn on fire again!" Marv hollered to his wife as he pulled his trousers up over his Long-Johns and tugged on his boots.

"Jus' call the fire depo, Marv," Mama C groggily suggested.

"The dang fire depo ain't gon' be here 'til all my corn done popped!" Marv yelled at her as he ran out of the bedroom door and into the field of his burning ears. He cursed his farmhand under his breathe. The damn fool was a sweet soul, but he had told him more times than he can count to leave the irrigation on at night just 'case the fields caught fire 'gain! 

The smell of popcorn swept across the town of Tomapa, Nebraska, which brought smiles to the faces of it's sleeping citizens. But the fire at ol' Marv's cornfields continued into the night and soon those same townfolk were waking up with disgust as the corn had gone from that sweet scent to that of terribly burnt popcorn. 

Off in the distance, a car rode slowly toward the town, only to turn off their headlights and park on the side of the road once they were spotted by a few in the back of the mob that had gathered 'round Marv's farm. The one firetruck within several miles tried to tackle the field of flames. Many of the townfolk helped themselves to some fresh popcorn. Some whispered about the fact that this wasn't the first time something like this had happened at Marv's farm. "Insurance scam" whispered one of the faceless Karens in the crowd. "Sabotage" suggested another farmer. "It's those damn Iowans who are trying to overtake the corn industry!" another paranoid farmer shouted. Eventually the flames began to dwindle, and a charred body was brought out of the field on a stretcher. Many in the crowd recognized the remains as the Mayor; the only part of his body that hadn't been burnt to crisp was his shiny gold canine. While some in the crowd cried over the accident, a few suspicious continued their hushed whispers.

The Fire Marshall confirmed to the local law-man that there indeed was an accelerant found at the spot where the fire had started. Some sort of accelerant, but they weren't sure exactly which. They'd have to take a sample back to the big city and have it tested.  

"Geez Louise. Arson?" Lemmuel the Law-Man asked the Fire Marshall. The Fire Marshall took out his sunglasses, despite it being the middle of the night, popped a piece of popcorn in his mouth and said, "You butter believe it."

Meacon has died. :( He was Marv the Mayor of Tomapa (and Corn Farmer extraordinaire)  

This game is thirteen players, but the 14th person to sign up will be a participating alternate. In that they will have an ability to use during the game, but forbidden to take part in discussion until/if they're officially added. I've said before that this is a potential shit-show in the making. But don't let that deter you. Let that be a reason to sign up and see how dumb this game can actually get. Prepare to be frustrated, confused, aroused, and inebriated. It's time to play: 

"What the Hell is Going On?"

1. Marcos (for now)
2. Azazel (preparing to be disappointed)
3. MCD (smiling politely)
4. Gongsun Zan (I doubt that's your real name)
5. Neil_1113 (but not the first 1112 Neil's)
6. DYSI (IDK)
7. mrroboto488 (but not the first 487 mrrobot's)
8. nihilist (the illusionist) 
9. RPS (with his pants on the ground)
10. Maxx (already scared)
11. C-Mil (cmil run)
12. Naitch (woo)
13. DFF (DTF?)

Alternate
14. Jam (but not the JamJamMan)

Alternate to the Alternate
Cloudy (with a chance of (meat)balls)

Sweet Sixteen 
kurgan (not the first party for which he’s been tardy)

5 minutes ago, Azazel said:

For a second I thought the game was such a cluster that it started without sign ups.  I still want in despite this sad revelation that it is not.

I legit considered having the first person immediately be killed but didn’t want to deter anyone else from signing up. So you survive for now, Marcos!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Put me in (as an alternate), Coach. I'm ready to (benchwarm).

You are sign up #15, which makes you the alternate to the alternate. This gives you no gifts!

1 hour ago, kurgan said:

Hope I am not too late!!!!

I'm in....

You’re way late! You’re Sweet Sixteen! Which doesn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of life and even less in this game. You sit in the corner until you’re called upon!

I will hopefully have roles sent out in the next 12-72 hours. Your patience will determine my motivation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I will hopefully have roles sent out in the next 12-72 hours. Your patience will determine my motivation.

But what's the scale like? Is it more patience = less motivation, or less patience = more motivation? We must know!