Cyberpunk 2077

GoGo Yubari

1.02 worked well on my base PS4 and the 1.04 hotfix seems a little nicer. Sure I've had some glitches and stuff but overall it looks nice and at times very nice. It plays really well and I love the world, script, story and characters.

It is what I wanted.

The 1.04 patch has definitely helped. It feels playable now, although there is still plenty of work to be done.

I still don't have a clue what to do with any of the hacking or crafting stuff.

Has anyone got any good build ideas? I started off thinking I'd be stealthy but it feels like going in all guns blazing is going to be more effective a lot of the time.

48 minutes ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

The 1.04 patch has definitely helped. It feels playable now, although there is still plenty of work to be done.

I still don't have a clue what to do with any of the hacking or crafting stuff.

Has anyone got any good build ideas? I started off thinking I'd be stealthy but it feels like going in all guns blazing is going to be more effective a lot of the time.

I tried to go non-lethal, couldn't so I changed to Rambo-esque and that's how I will finish my first playthrough. My second, third and so on playthrough will definitely explore other playstyles. Melee only, Grenades and LMG, Cyberhacker with pistol. There are many possibilities how to approach this game for sure.

First playthrough is as a Nomad. Visually I set myself up to look very unfuturistic, just a bloke who's been doing his thing out in the wastelands. My plan is to be very hack and crafting-heavy and but able to handle himself in a firefight if needed. Not gonna go heavy on physical augmentations, just stick to cyberware upgrades for hacking.

Intelligence, cool and technical are the three attributes I'll be focusing on, with enough reflexes that I can handle a handgun and assault rifle.

• Like 1

End of 'The Pickup' mission was somewhat ruined by a NCPD ship landing behind the guy I was talking to, landing on a passing truck, forcing it into the terrain where the truck rattled around for the entire conversation before blowing up. Then the truck clipped mid-height into the terrain when I was talking to Jackie and then finally, it teleported back onto the road and drove off, floating above the ground as it had no tyres and while still being an on fire shell.

7 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Just how small of a ding dong can you give yourself in this game? Or is everyone hung like a horse in the year 2077?

Small, medium, large. But they are unerect. Also I didn't see anything to have a circumcised dick. I sent screenshots of the large dick to my friends and they said "so you picked the small option". There was a cut scene early on and I could see parts of my body and I wondered if you could take your clothes off so your dick was visual in the scene. Big old negative on that one. I am not sure what the dick size does outside of giggles. 

This was my essay on dicks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On another subject, I made it past the tutorial. After that, I decided to turn off all huds and the mini map. And I started to just walk away the map. Some initial thoughts: 

• Visually impressive world for sure. But it is incredibly empty. I walked by the same character model in 3 minutes. There are probably "thousands" of NPCs in the game, but they all have few dialogue prompts. At a certain point with these games, you would think the scope of the game would dropped down so that you could fill the world with more interesting engagements. 
  • Playing with no huds was fascinating. I walked by a police scene and crossed a line I should not have. The police pulled guns on me and I ran away. There seems to be no consequence. About 30 minutes into my journey, I encountered someone that seemed like they were threatening me. I could have probably initiated some side mission, but I had zero interest in the combat. So I walked away. 
  • I am really interested to see the clothing stores. I hope there are clothing stores. I actually going to avoid any guides on "how" to play the game and just walk around and explore. I assume there may be ways to buy things for my apartment. That will be nice. 
  • It is funny how much Breath of the Wild blew the open world genre open. All I can think of is when I see these buildings is - why can't I climb all of these buildings? Why can't I go inside of every building I see? 
  • The game is incredibly average, but I rarely play these open world games so it is amusing. I think ultimately my enjoyment of the game will come down to how much stuff there is ultimately to do in exploring the world. 
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Not being able to enter some/most of the buildings is a bit rubbish. I remember reading a while back that whilst the map wasn't HUGE, the detailed skyscrapers were free to explore.

But hearing that the world has an emptiness to it is another concern.

Maybe someone else can chime in, but I think your exploration and enjoyment of the game will come down to doing missions and side missions. I have not found a whole lot of spontaneity in just exploring. 

• Like 1

I like the exploration myself, but side missions are totally the jam here. Combat is very satisfying and even just patrolling for gangers to loot their shit is fun.

• Like 1

CDPR's apologized for the game running like shit on PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/12/14/cdpr-apologizes-for-hiding-cyberpunk-2077s-horrible-last-gen-performance/?sh=69fa440c2c38

The apology is not just for the game being in that state, but for not ever showing the game on base consoles ahead of launch. Here’s the relevant passage:

“First of all, we would like to start by apologizing to you for not showing the game on base last-gen consoles before it premiered and, in consequence, not allowing you to make a more informed decision about your purchase. We should have paid more attention to making it play better on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.”

It goes deeper than this, however. CDPR purposefully hid the state Cyberpunk was in on all consoles by not giving reviewers anything but PC review codes, and making them sign ironclad NDAs where they couldn’t talk about any bugs they were experiencing at all until the embargo was up, and even then, they were not allowed to show footage of their own gameplay until after those reviews went up.

They're offering refunds as well.

34 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

CDPR's apologized for the game running like shit on PS4 and Xbox One.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2020/12/14/cdpr-apologizes-for-hiding-cyberpunk-2077s-horrible-last-gen-performance/?sh=69fa440c2c38

They're offering refunds as well.

Think I'm going to take the refund.

This will probably end up like No Man's Sky where the game is much closer to what was advertised in a year or two. I can wait until then.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jake O. Rhodes said:

Think I'm going to take the refund.

This will probably end up like No Man's Sky where the game is much closer to what was advertised in a year or two. I can wait until then.

I'm thinking the same. Get the money back and then buy the GOTY (lol) edition for £20 in 18 months time or when it inevitably ends up on Game Pass sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm glad I made the decision to just wait it out. Look forward to playing this once it's all fixed in a couple years.

This whole ordeal is going to be absolute hell on CDPR's workforce though. Massive crunch to get the game out and now likely massive crunch to fix the game.