Cyberpunk 2077

GoGo Yubari

you CAN choose between circumcised and uncircumcised to answer a post from a few back. As someone who went under the knife as a little-un for medical, not religious reasons, it was nice to choose for my character to have gone through the same miserable weeks of bathing and weeing through a fresh wound as a 2 year old.

I think it's a game that will definitely go down the No Man's Sky route, at least to an extent. The NMS team is refusing to give up due to the love of the game and the vision. CDPR seem to have that, but also the shareholder pressure etc, so I'd imagine that the patches and expansions will come while there's a balance between quality/money/value of their time as employees.

That said, they said today that there will be a BIG patch in January and another in February and things will probably be much more stable after that, with some blurriness and framerate issues for console versions sorted. Expansions would definitely add to the world too as well as thing to breathe new life into the world such as more shops, NPCs, hairdressers, tattoo artists etc.

I'm really enjoying it. I'm forgiving some glitches and lowered my graphical expectations early on and love the world, the script and characters. Having been in close proximity to Adam Smasher a couple of times already, I find him pretty intimidating, not wanting to have to fight him at any point.

Also, it creates strong atmosphere. In the penthouse mission when hiding with Jackie, I definitely felt that feeling of impending doom and then panic as things went wrong.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

I feel weird asking for a refund just because I'm not into the game. No technical issues or anything so far. I think I'll probably just go back to playing other games and ride it out until this game is better. The Witcher is excellent so I know these guys can do better given the chance

I'm feeling a bit like this. I'm kind of waiting for the game to open up a bit so I can get back out to the outskirts and be a nomad, as that seemed to be the most interesting part for me at the start of the game.

I wouldn't be upset if I got a refund at this point though.

6 hours ago, Baddar said:

EpLqx7sVoAAscb9.jpeg

Everytime I see that guy wandering around, I call him "Johnny Silverwarehands". He's a roamer he is.

The braindances are pretty neat. It's kind of like the crime scene stuff from the later Arkham games.

Also, stumbled across some shot up cops and one of them had Legendary-tier sunglasses. Nice get.

Had to carry someone’s body out of a 3rd floor apartment that was filled with high level enemies I couldn’t fight.  Yeeted off the balcony, and the body landed in some trash, seemingly no worse for wear

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LUKIE said:

I wouldn't be upset if I got a refund at this point though.

I will refund tomorrow.

Played for 20 minutes. Tried to swim out to a new area and it stopped me saying I could not go there yet and ... just turned me around and back where I should go. I thought "surely, this must be a bug" and tried to swim back to the dock. Could not figure out how to get on the dock for 5 minutes and just turned it off, put it back in the case and hubby will get a refund and a different game tomorrow. :) 

Act 1 being restricted is basically CDPR using it as White Orchard from Witcher 3.   A tutorial area that lets you explore and get a sense of everything in a smaller area before opening up the whole world.

I feel like they meant to give XP for Athletics (namely dashing and jumping) an order of magnitude more XP than they meant. Crafting can be 100-200 XP, but if you do a parkour run from one side gig to another you'll *maybe* get 20 XP.

I don't think they meant for me to parkour about the whole time either.

2 hours ago, LUKIE said:

I've requested a refund. If it goes through, great. If not, I'll just play it and try and finish it.

If I do get the refund I'll probably get Hades.

Hades is SO FUCKING GOOD

2 hours ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Hades is SO FUCKING GOOD

Yeah I've been eyeing it off for a while, and Polygon just named it their GOTY. Maybe it's buyers remorse but for the price I paid for this game I could have got 4-5 indie games I have wanted for a while.

1 hour ago, LUKIE said:

And it was rejected.

Guess I better play it than.

You can email helpmerefund@cdprojektred.com if the place you bought it at won't give you a refund.

I really like it, still not a single bug or anything. Feel like it’s expansive enough, I hate large maps with nothing to do, so I’m pretty happy that there’s loads of little mini missions to just kill people.

The weapon strength is a bit annoying, should I need three headshots with a sniper rifle to kill someone?

Just got into Act 2 last night and suddenly I have a dozen side missions which is great. In fact trying to work out what to do next is the biggest problem I have.

No crashes yet. A few quirks that aren't gamebreaking but would be nice for them to sort, one being that a bonsai shop keeper changed when I looked away and looked back.

With big patches in Jan and Feb, I definitely have a wishlist and if they put out a Witcher-size expansion after that then it could be very tasty. Sadly it will have lost a lot of goodwill from people by then. It's a shame as the story and characters are brilliant, unsurprising as it's based on an RPG. 

• Like 1

Ooh I like a big open world runaround but I’m on the fence with this one. Apparently it’s a bit gubbed on PS4 then? I’m not really inclined to move to the new console generation until I see a game that compels me to want to do so (it was RDR2 that nudged me to PS4 about five years too late, incidentally, but I’m not really the most avid gamer) and Cyberpunk 2077 isn’t quite at that level for me.