Cyberpunk 2077

GoGo Yubari

So finally got to title screen, due to my habit of sidequestin' like mad

Spoiler

Johnny Silverhands has the fucking coolest reload animation ever.

ICYMI: There's a cameo from God.

8LZ92Ip.jpg

3 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Headed over to Japantown when I had the chance....yeah that's stunning.

Photo taken of screen so ignore any graininess of that.

20201215_235134.jpg

Japantown is gorgeous! A small detail I love is how the announcements are in several languages - it makes the city feel a lot more authentic. Strangely enough, Night City reminds me more of modern-day Asian megacities like Tokyo and Hong Kong than something on the West Coast of America - maybe its the Arasaka influence? 

Another small detail I appreciated (very minor spoilers):

Spoiler

In one of the random side gigs, I had to kill a ganger for abusing prostitutes. I thought nothing more of it, but the fact that I did the gig came up during one of the main quest lines - I got to threaten a brothel owner with the fact that I murdered another brothel owner. I thought it was a simple but effective way of making the side quests feel more than just like I'm clearing icons on a minimap. 

6 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Headed over to Japantown when I had the chance....yeah that's stunning.

Photo taken of screen so ignore any graininess of that.

20201215_235134.jpg

Is the neon sign in the middle that says "POO" another example of the edgy satirical humour I've heard so much about?

• Haha 3

I've been enjoying it so far, not had too much in the way of bugs and shit despite being on PS4 but I have had a couple of crashes. Plus side is that it autosaves regularly so not lost a lot of time when it has. I think it'll be a lot closer to the higher expectations once the next couple of patches come through. 

• Like 1

The Heist (End of Act 1) spoilers

Spoiler

Knew Jackie was dead as soon as they mentioned the drinks being named after people in The Afterlife and he gave the bartender a recipe. Didn't expect it to be so soon though.

51 minutes ago, Gazz said:

The Heist (End of Act 1) spoilers

Hide contents

Knew Jackie was dead as soon as they mentioned the drinks being named after people in The Afterlife and he gave the bartender a recipe. Didn't expect it to be so soon though.

You monster. Have some more sympathy.

"Sorry pal. Biz is biz. As a gal said in the old days, it takes a lot of money to look this cheap."

64Wh0q2.jpg

19 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

No spoiler as it was in the actual launch trailer, but talking with the whispery doll at Clouds was so so chill and womblike. Didn't want to leave.

I just did that last night. It was really cool. 

And then I broke the neck of some asshole taking a piss. 

• Haha 1

MRmYqm6.jpg

• Like 1