The January Transfer Window - 2021

Lineker

Arsenal have agreed to terminate Sokratis' contract six months early. 

We were unlikely to get a fee for him, so best for all parties, frees up even more wages. I'd expect Mustafi to be joining him shortly too. Really is mad how many players we let get to the final year of their deal though.

I remember when people looked at Arsenal as one of the best examples of how to run a football club. Now it's a right old mess.

Jurgen Klopp is an absolute dummy if he isn't already on the phone with Sokatris to get him at Liverpool. He's a free signing, he knows him, he has a point to prove, and he's a good stopgap in the interim. We need a CB if we're going to try and play better so one of Hendo/Fab can be in the midfield.

Odegaard has apparently asked to leave Real Madrid.

Can't really blame him. He excelled at Sociedad last season, wanted to stay another year but Zidane said he was in his plans. With Kroos, and to a bigger extent, Modric, winding down now, it seemed the chance was there to take a spot, but it hasn't worked out.

19 hours ago, Baddar said:

Odegaard has apparently asked to leave Real Madrid.

Can't really blame him. He excelled at Sociedad last season, wanted to stay another year but Zidane said he was in his plans. With Kroos, and to a bigger extent, Modric, winding down now, it seemed the chance was there to take a spot, but it hasn't worked out.

Apparently Edu has been in discussions with Madrid over us signing Odegaard. I'd be surprised if this one happened since we already have another one of their midfielders in Ceballos. 

The whole Mat Ryan fall from grace at Brighton makes no sense to me. Is there a reason why he's suddenly not wanted by Graham Potter? Ryan was one of their best players for the last few seasons, I thought. He always seemed to do a pretty good job for them. 

Willian is a very similar kind of player as Jimenez so that's a good stopgap for them to have until he's back. Wolves badly need a true 9 because trying to rely on an 18 year old who has barely any senior experience, in his first year in England at that, has unsurprisingly been a recipe for disaster.

This could also help Pedro Neto shine even more. He's been very good this season for Wolves.