Formula One 2021

Lineker

• 2 weeks later...

The pink accents are weird. I like it as a shout-out to the past, but it feels like if they're changing the main colour there's no point in keeping it around when it clashes.

Someone on Reddit did a version with the usual Aston Martin yellow accents and it looks much better:

r/formula1 - A quick photoshop of what the AMR21 with 'lemon' color accents instead of pink could have looked like

I actually prefer the pink, the yellow mock-up just reminds me of Caterham.

It isn't for history either, BWT remain a sponsor of the team and it is them that run the pink livery.

To be honest I've really liked every livery reveal so far for this season, the cars look really nice.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

The pink accents are weird. I like it as a shout-out to the past, but it feels like if they're changing the main colour there's no point in keeping it around when it clashes.

Someone on Reddit did a version with the usual Aston Martin yellow accents and it looks much better:

r/formula1 - A quick photoshop of what the AMR21 with 'lemon' color accents instead of pink could have looked like

I imagine it was going to be something like this until the last minute agreement for BWT to stay on board.

I wonder if they found a loophole in the whole Russia ban (no flags, imagery, and drivers have to drive under a neutral flag), or if this is their attempt to force a loophole in the whole rules.

Because this:

84ft5ik.jpg

Isn't even trying to be subtle about it. Because UralKali's company colours aren't even W/B/R, nor has haas run in that livery in the past.

Also, hilariously ironic that the one American team gets plastered in a Russian flag. :lol:
But hey, this also explains perfectly well why they didn't do anything about Mazepin, Dad must've chucked an insane amount of money at them for this.

EDIT: Cursory search tells me this was the one loophole they could pull off.

"One win for Russia is the proposed team name at major events. The name “Russia” can be retained on uniforms if the words “Neutral Athlete” or equivalents like “Neutral Team” have equal prominence, the court said."

"Russian athletes and teams can also retain the national flag colors of red, white and blue in their uniforms at major events. That was not possible for Russians at the past two track world championships."

Source: https://apnews.com/article/russia-banned-name-flag-olympic-games-a8bd342806883f66152859701d5ae5d4

Tbf it’s not like the rest of the grid are paragons of ethics and morality. They’ve all dipped their toes into things that are petty dodge, whether it’s Ferrari giving a front for covert tobacco advertising or pretty much all of them enabling  greenwashing by the fossil fuels companies that are doing more than their fair share to destroy the planet.

• Like 1

That's fine, and I'm not saying they're a lone villain in Formula One.

I truly just was enjoying all of the designs and colour schemes of the livery choices this season and Haas has let that down as far as aesthetics go. Never been a fan of national flags playing a big role in livery, regardless of it being Russia.

16 minutes ago, metalman said:

Yeah that’s true, I agree there. Flags can fuck off.

Although i often like flag-inspired designs like that Force India one from a while back and the Alpine.

Yeah you know what, I've immediately contradicted myself because the Alpine livery is basically just the French flag isn't it. But then they had the same colours to work with as Haas in that sense and did a much nicer job.

I never liked the Force India livery to be honest, that was the one in my mind when I made my previous post.