Holiday Gaming

RPS

3 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I am so curious about 13 Sentinels.

I probably won't get much of a chance to play it on Christmas Day as I'm doing all the cooking but I'll play it on Boxing Day and give it a bit of a review.

3 hours ago, Rukaru Shida said:

I am so curious about 13 Sentinels.

I probably won't get much of a chance to play it on Christmas Day as I'm doing all the cooking but I'll play it on Boxing Day and give it a bit of a review.

• Like 1

I got a PC that can comfortably run most games last week for which I'll be using  which is very exciting to me because there are some games that I want to try out that I just wasn't going to play on console. Probably going to make a real effort at Crusader Kings III soon.

• Like 3

With the new arrival, I find I'm playing more games on the Switch as it is easier to just pick up, play and put down as and when a nappy change is needed. It also coincided with a good eShop sale.

I bought:

Monster Boy

Battle Chasers Nightwar

Journey to the Savage Planet

Starlink

Mark of the Ninja

Hue

Grindstone

I've also just got back into playing Steaworld Heist. Throw in Hades as well and I will be sorted for a bit.

19 hours ago, J-Merry-shin said:

I have a hunch that my wife got me a Switch for Christmas; I haven't snooped or anything but there has been lots of odd questions and some conversations regarding the switch the past few months lol. 

This was true! She got me a Switch with Breath of the Wild, Luigi's Mansion 3, Overcooked 2, and Cooking Mama: Cookstar. Along with a "buy another game you want voucher" so I think I will get the Brigandine game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liam said:

@RPStop three tips for Hades?

1. Stick to one weapon until you beat the game once. It is easier to master one weapon when you are learning the game as opposed to switching around constantly. I played the bow and arrow exclusively through runs 5 through when I won somewhere in the 25-35 range. 
  2. Make sure you understand what everything does in your home base. For example, there are keepsakes you acquire and can equip by giving nectar to each character in the game. I figured that out by run 15. But the keepsakes can be really beneficial and helpful. You can equip one that gives you 100 gold. There is one that gives you permanent damage upgrades for your run if you clear a room without taking damage. Ditto goes for buying your upgrades. Figure out what everything does. 
  3. Here is what I aim for with my builds - for my cast I go with a hangover bomb from Dionysus. For a dash I go deflect or a doom. Special and attack I try to do the same because later boons will provide buffs on themselves, ie if you pick Doom and you inflict someone with Doom, you can increase the damage done by Doom. This incentives you to try to have two upgrades from one character on at least two of your attacks. 

My last tip is - you need to beat the game 10 times to get the true ending. So if you want to roll credits, get ready to invest some time. If you are finding the game too hard, there is a God mode which makes the game easier each time you die. 

• Like 2

Girls got a Switch for Christmas so I haven't had the chance to play anything myself. My eldest played a couple of hour chunk of Animal Crossing, youngest got an LOL game so they played that, and youngest also got a horse stables game so they both played some of that.

On 24/12/2020 at 20:35, Santa Brady said:

I'm playing House Party.

For the plot, of course :shifty:

The plot was decent, of course :shifty:
    Also getting half-drunk with a girl with serious BF issues in someone's art studio was oddly one of my favorite bits so far.

44 minutes ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

Girls got a Switch for Christmas so I haven't had the chance to play anything myself. My eldest played a couple of hour chunk of Animal Crossing, youngest got an LOL game so they played that, and youngest also got a horse stables game so they both played some of that.

There is an LOL game?