Holiday Gaming

RPS

1 hour ago, Bobfoc said:

@RPSIf you're still offering help, what are your best tips for Monster Train?

@Azazel is much better at the game than I. 

In general, I think what you should do is always have the Awoken as your primary or secondary faction. Early on, you are going to not really understand a whole lot of enemies, so having the Awoken (which gives you access to healing and regen) is key. Outside of that... just really read every card and every screen before a battle as it explains the mechanisms of some of the bosses. 

31 minutes ago, RPS said:

Is it worth my money? 

I've not really seen them play it yet. They both love LOLs, especially the younger one, so they'd play any old tat connected to it. If I see it being played over the next few days I'll let you know!

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

@RPSIf you're still offering help, what are your best tips for Monster Train?

Find ways to break the game and break it.

Seriously though, the ways to win are to have a dedicated solution to try and do all of the following:
Kill the Boss
Kill backline enemies
Kill the frontline tanks
Scale your units

There are tons of strategies for each clan and each combination of clan, but each run try and pick 1 or 2 and just stick with it and make it as strong as possible.  You do not always need to take a card when offered, if it does not help your particular strategy it is just a wasted draw which makes your deck weaker.

For example, say you are doing Hellhorned/Awoken and you go with the Hellhorned Prince that gets attack damage with each slay.  And you get an Awokened Hallow.  So your strategy becomes to pile heals on so your champion gets stronger and your tank stays healthy.  This basically ruins bosses and frontline units, so then you find ways to deal with the rest using spells or other units.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask, even if its just like a card you think it worthless and don't know what to do with.

2 hours ago, ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster said:

You better believe it buster!

81phlZz+MfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://i.giphy.com/media/XvQXEi09zfmcE/200.webp

Though I'm terrible at platformers, Crash 4 looks fun from what I've seen my son play. 

Spiderman 2 is fun, pretty similar to the first one but still good fun.

Starting to really dig Fire Pro Wrestling. 

The kiddos are having a blast with Mario vsm Rabids game, which does look fun I have to admit.

• Like 1

On 27/12/2020 at 08:39, RPS said:

Grindstone is a perfect game. I have been plugging away on it the last few days. It's on sale on the Nintendo e shop.

Update - still a very perfect game. I am maybe 30 levels deep (apparently it is 250 or so levels). Really great. If anyone likes puzzle games, this is the game for you. 

• Like 1

Finally got Madden 21 because it was on sale. Fired up a Jets franchise, and I just think it's funny how, in the offseason, Frank Gore retired and, so now the offense is absolutely, politely awful. Didn't realize Sam Darnold is only a 70 overall. I've got a lot of work to do for this rebuild.

13 Sentinels update: The story is a mind-bender but it's starting to come together now. I'm not sure where the story's heading or which characters are on the side of good or bad...or if any of them are good or bad at all.

The story jumps around in time (and maybe dimensions) a lot and slowly drip feeds you important information. It reminds me a lot of Zero Time Dilemma in that regard.

I can take or leave the city defense aspect of the game but the story is intriguing enough to be worth the purchase.

On 23/12/2020 at 16:28, Jerichristmas said:

Finished Spiderman Remastered not long ago so might finally use the holiday break to play Miles Morales. It'll be that and Immortals: Fenyx Rising for the immediate future.

Yeah I didn't start Miles Morales yet but I Platinum'd Bugsnax and got 2 of the 3 Spiderman DLCs finished. Got a bit more of Immortals done but I really wanna get Spiderman done to 100% so it's cleared off the plate.

The hubby got really into Smash Bros over the break so we played lots of it together, online with my brothers and their kids and locally with our kids. My hubby is getting good enough to beat me with certain characters.

I started to main Blyth. So good!