TEW20 Real World Update: January 2021

So it appears there is a shakeup in commentary at Impact as per the below statement, Madison Rayne will "discuss her future" at Hard to Kill so assuming she is going to be retiring as was indicated in the sheets or shes coming back in an in ring capacity. Josh is now behind the scenes. 

Set Matt Striker to Announcer and D'Lo Brown to announcer and colour commentator and company main announcers. 

Set Josh Matthews to Road Agent/Personality

Add a deal to show events with Vubiquity, noticed they are another carrier of impact ppvs on the press release. 

And we'll have to wait till Sunday to see what Madisons status will be. 

Spoiler

Award-winning Wrestling Announcer Joins With Longtime Wrestler For New IMPACT Wrestling Broadcast Team

News / January 13, 2021 / by IMPACT Wrestling Staff

Josh Mathews Has Been Promoted To Behind-The-Camera Position; Updates On Madison Rayne Forthcoming

IMPACT Wrestling confirmed today that a new broadcast team will start on Saturday, Jan. 16, at the Hard To Kill pay-per-view, which will originate from Nashville, Tennessee.

Matt Striker will be IMPACT’s new play-by-play announcer, while D’Lo Brown will handle color commentary duties. The two also will be the announce team for the flagship weekly TV show, Impact!, airing every Tuesday from 8-10 p.m. ET, on AXS TV.

Josh Mathews, meanwhile, has been promoted to Senior Producer for the weekly TV show and all pay-per-views, and he also signed a new, multi-year contract with the company.  Madison Rayne, a 5-time Knockouts Champion who provided color commentary for most of 2020, will discuss her wrestling future this weekend at Hard To Kill.

“My play-by-play career has spanned nearly 20 years – from WrestleMania to Bound For Glory to incredible moments from IMPACT Wrestling on AXS TV,” Mathews said. “Producing will allow me to have a bigger role in the overall production of our weekly show, PPVs and IMPACT+ Specials.

“This transition has been a great process, Matt and D’Lo are bringing a fresh energy and are ready to go.  It was a special year in 2020, and both Madison Rayne and I will always be grateful for the opportunity and look forward to these exciting changes.”

Striker, a former high school teacher, transitioned from wrestler to wrestling broadcaster for the WWE and Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide. He is a past winner of the Best Television Announcer Award, presented annually by the Wrestling Observer.

“I’ve always loved professional wrestling. It is a love that unites so many people,” Striker said. “Pro wrestling is a sport and I want to be mindful to call it as such. I’ve learned and grown so much since I began, and I thank the fans – and the critics – for that.

“It is not lost on me the opportunity that is before me – I can once again lend my voice to the sport that I love. In doing so, I’m poised to describe, analyze, and witness the most advanced athletes the sport has ever seen. I am excited, nervous, thankful, and humbled. I cannot wait to get out there. You will always be able hear the fan in me.”

Brown had an illustrious in-ring career with multiple singles and tag-team championships in numerous promotions worldwide, including the WWF European Championship (4 times), the
WWF Intercontinental Championship and the NWA World Tag Team Championship (with Gran Apolo).

“I’m very excited to join the IMPACT Wrestling broadcast booth and I know working alongside Matt Striker will be a lot of fun,” Brown said. “I believe in IMPACT Wrestling, with its amazing roster of skilled Superstars and Knockouts – and can’t wait to have the best seat in the house to call all the action.

“I’m humbled to follow the IMPACT broadcasting path of Don West and Mike Tenay, and most recently Don Callis, Madison Rayne and certainly Josh Mathews.  I’m beyond grateful for this opportunity.  I know there are big shoes to fill, but Striker and I will do our best.”

Striker and Brown will be ringside for the Hard To Kill pay-per-view, featuring one of the most-anticipated main event matches ever.  AEW World Champion Kenny Omega joins forces with IMPACT Tag Team Champions, The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson), to face the reigning IMPACT World Champion Rich Swann and the Motor City Machine Guns (Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley).

Deonna Purrazzo puts the Knockouts Championship on the line at Hard To Kill against Taya Valkyrie, while a three-way battle for the X-Division Championship pits Rohit Raju vs. Chris Bey vs. reigning champion Manik.

HARD TO KILL will be available on Pay-Per-View in North America on Saturday, January 16 at 8pm ET/5pm PT on InDemand, DISH, DirecTV, Vubiquity, Rogers, Bell, Shaw, Sasktel. It will be available around the world digitally via FITE TV (pre-order NOW).

- Remove AJ Kirsch from MLW, hes announced hes a free agent now. Made an appearance on AEW Dark under the Joe Brody gimmick, so add him to AEW on a handshake deal. https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/01/aj-kirsch-announces-he-no-longer-with-mlw-679993/

- Add Gregory Shane Helms to WWE as a producer/ road agent under a written deal. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

19 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

So none of those images effect the main image, it's just filenames of the additional images, that's so minor I won't be fixing it, you'll just have to deal with it till the next update, probably around June.

No problem. Like you said it's really minor, i am aware of this. It can be fixed later.

P.S.: Speaking about the worker image, i feeling cheap about my last month contribution. If only i know a ''free photoshop'' program that i can at least put some try on it and about your working process to put your ''worker images'' on this specific background.

Edited by CrazyJo

14 hours ago, CrazyJo said:

P.S.: Speaking about the worker image, i feeling cheap about my last month contribution. If only i know a ''free photoshop'' program that i can at least put some try on it and about your working process to put your ''worker images'' on this specific background.

There is GIMP

EVIL is a member of The Bullet Club
Harold Meij is no longer with NJPW
Hiromu Takahashi is the IWGP JR heavyweight Champion
Kota Ibushi is IWGP IC and Heavyweight Champion
GOD are IWGP Tag Team Champions
Hiromu Takahashi won the 2020 BOSJ tournament
El Phantasmo won the 2020 Super J Cup
G.O.D were the World Tag League Winners
Tomayuki Oka should be renamed to The Great O-Kahn
The Empire should be created as a stable (O-Kahn, Ospreay, Jeff Cobb and Bea Priestly)
King Of Pro Wrestling Title needs to be created with Toru Yano as the only champion though it's technically counted as two reigns since it's a yearly title.

On 14/01/2021 at 08:23, TheWho87 said:

There is GIMP

A message to say that i did not forget you and that i was able to start practicing with GIMP (Although, i was busy and i only started this Saturday evening.)

First of all, i thank you for referencing the GIMP program to me. With this and the many tutorials that i can found on Youtube, all that remain is the background that you use. Did you use a special webside to import your images worker and get the background or did you add manually with GIMP?

.................................................................................

(On 13/01/2021 at 19:51, Kanwulf said:)

Was trying to add MLW spoilers but can't work out the spoilers thing on here.

I try too and:

Spoiler

Sorry for the ''OFF-TOPIC'', The Who.

It doesn't work for me too. 

Edit: Nevermind, it does work when you post the message.

P.S.: Also, i wasn't able to manually put Kanwulf name on the quote.

Edited by CrazyJo

Some changes following Hard to Kill.

Spoiler

- Set Madison Rayne to Retired / Left the Business, she confirmed this on the PPV. 

- Add a stable/tag-team called Decay consisting of Rosemary and Crazzy Steve. 

- Eric Young, Joe Doering and Cody Deaner's Stable Name is Violent By Design.

- Set the Deaners to inactive unit.

- Change Jake Somethings Impact name to Cousin Jake.

- Add Brian Hebner to Impact Wrestling as a Referee.

- Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz' tag-team name is Fire N Flava.

- Add a tag team unit of Jessicka Havok and Neveah. 

- The New Knockouts tag-team champions are Kiera Hogan and Tasha Steelz.

- Add a stable of Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers to Impact and AEW as Bullet Club. Add Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson to AEW on handshake deal, Heel, started Jan 2021.  

- Add Matt Cardona to Impact as a Babyface. Broski, Swagger gimmick. I'd make a handshake deal for now.

- Set Moose's written deal to expire in 2 Years, Don Callis stated he's signed a new to year deal on the PPV. 

- I would add a working agreement between Impact and NJPW. Christ Bey has worked the Super J Cup recently and Omega/Gallows/Anderson stable have openly called themselves Bullet Club and event worn the logos and gear at HDK - I think Scott D'Amore has finally talked them round into forgetting the 2010 Okada stuff. 

- Add Impact Super X Cup Tournament Title. Ace Austin wont the 2021 Edition. Title Lineages are: 

Spoiler
Event Date(s) Venue Winner Total won Runner-Up
2003 Super X Cup August 27, 2003 TNA Aslyum Chris Sabin 1 Juventud Guerrera

2005 Super X Cup August 14, 2005 TNA Impact! Zone Samoa Joe 1 A.J. Styles

2017 Super X Cup August 17, 2017 GFW Impact! Zone Dezmond Xavier 1 Taiji Ishimori
2021 Super X Cup January 9, 2021 Skyway Studios Ace Austin 1 Blake Christian

Edited by JohnnyNitro
Slight name change for Kiera/Tasha tag name having seen their new merchandise - "N" instead of "And".

Just a heads up, been working on experience, had to restart all over again with a closer formula than I had planned, currently I have done 2647 out of 6555, and have just finished up everyone under contract outside of Mexico. My goal for this this month is to get over 3000 sorted and finish the rest off in February, along with leaving Mexico till last so I can go though and update experience, along with updating other areas due to the changes made with the expansion of the Mexican regions.

- Add Matt Hardy to Impact on a Hanshake deal. Heel, Big Money Matt, Swagger gimmick. Role is manager. 

- Add Isiah Kassidy to Impact on a Hanshake deal. Heel, Party Animal, Swagger gimmick and Matt Hardy set as manager.

- Add Marq Quen to Impact on a Hanshake deal. Heel, Party Animal, Swagger gimmick and Matt Hardy set as Manager. 

- Create Private Party (Impact) Tag team of Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen in Impact. 

- Create a tag team of Chris Sabin and James Storm in Impact, formed Jan 2021. 

- Remove Taya Valkyrie from the Impact roster she finished up this week. 

- Remove Zicky Dice from NWA

Edited by JohnnyNitro

Add Lacey Ryan, Priscilla Kelly and Elayna Black to WWE NXT (Exclusive Written, Developmental) and change their names respectively to Zoey Stark, Gigi Dolin and Cora Jade. For right now, keep their gimmicks as they are.

On 16/01/2021 at 22:12, CrazyJo said:

Did you use a special webside to import your images worker and get the background or did you add manually with GIMP?

Just a follow up to say that i was able to answer my question (Few days ago) by looking the ''Requests'' section/ ''TEW Graphic Requests'' topics  (By the Who) and see the worker background image. 

Here a quick look at the result:

Misao (A Hyper Misao Gimmick/Alter ego)

https://ibb.co/4ZmXF88

Sakisama (A Saki Akai Gimmick/Alter ego)

https://ibb.co/WH8m6kB

P.S: For Sakisama, this is not the final work. Theses pictures are only shown my first try with the Gimp program.

Edited by CrazyJo

While i'm writing this message, it is late at night. So i will only show you a preview of my work and upload my stuff later. 

Here a preview of the almost complete stable of NEO Biishiki-gun (Missing Martha and Yoshiko-sama) with the original wrestler and his gimmick. I have use black arrows to show which gimmick is from who. The Red arrows is only to show that there are more than 1 image with the wrestler.

https://ibb.co/K59VvD8

Note: Some of the image are from the ''The Who'' worker pack. There are only there to be use as reference. They will be not on the pack, unless i got permission from The Who for keep them there.

Edited by CrazyJo

On 19/01/2021 at 22:58, TheWho87 said:

Just a heads up, been working on experience, had to restart all over again with a closer formula than I had planned, currently I have done 2647 out of 6555, and have just finished up everyone under contract outside of Mexico. My goal for this this month is to get over 3000 sorted and finish the rest off in February, along with leaving Mexico till last so I can go though and update experience, along with updating other areas due to the changes made with the expansion of the Mexican regions.

Bit of an update on this, my progress on this is going better than planned, to a point where I could finish this month, although due to my calculations of how many workers I get through a day and how many is left, it will be pushing it to finish and update the mod by/on the 1st, so the next update may be a day or so later, but will definitely be out before Wednesday 3rd. And then just dedicate next month to working on the Mexican area changes.

Posted yesterday at 02:28 (edited)

While i'm writing this message, it is late at night. So i will only show you a preview of my work and upload my stuff later. 

Here the link for the NEO Biishiki-gun stable pictures:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/uca0efeinay1s8j/NEO_Biishiki-gun.zip/file

Here what you should know: 

- Azusa Christie picture as been removed (You can have it on ''The Who'' workers pack)

- Hyper Misao picture as been removed (You can have it on ''The Who'' workers pack)

- Yukio Sakaguchi picture as been removed (You can have it on ''The Who'' workers pack)

- Missing Martha and Yoshiko-sama picture

- A new ''Up to date'' Hyper Misao picture added

Here Another link for another work, the 666 (TripleSix) japan wrestling (Up to date?) roster pictures:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wkou2pp9kllb0xt/666_%28TripleSix%29.zip/file

Here what you should know: 

- Missing Crazy SKB picture

- Missing the Kagura Gimmick/alter-ego picture of Taro Yamada (Kagura - THE101)

P.S.: Unfortunately, there are somes pictures that are not so great at all. My apologie, it seems that i am not so skill at all (Even if i'm at a ''Rookie'' level... I only have less than 2 or 3 days of experiences). I may or may not retry them. I have other pictures that i want do to so first...

Edited by CrazyJo

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/wwe-network-peacock-exclusively-streaming-1234890954

Untick USA Region for WWE Network

Add a broadcasting deal for Events Live and On Demand for NBC Peacock. 

I'm not really watching WWE these days, do they air any other programming on the network that would need a broadcasting deal with Peacock? Main Event?

On 26/01/2021 at 07:47, JohnnyNitro said:

https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/wwe-network-peacock-exclusively-streaming-1234890954

I'm not really watching WWE these days, do they air any other programming on the network that would need a broadcasting deal with Peacock? Main Event?

Main Event and NXT-UK. Possibly NXT in the fall.

On 26/01/2021 at 14:47, JohnnyNitro said:

This doesn't come into effect until March, so it wouldn't need to be added until April, also from what I can tell it's still the Network, just through NBC Peacock, this might be a thing where accuracy and ease of use collide, to me it just seems easier to replicate this as keeping the WWE Network it's just running through Peacock.