MLS and USL Thread 2021

Lowerdeck

He looks like the best possible Mitch Guitar.

:D

If anyone here chipped in, thanks a ton. We're fiscally solveeeeeeent!

• 2 weeks later...

MLS may be cancelling this year, but the People's Himmarshee FC is on the pitch and scoring dubs.

https://www.himmarsheefc.org/himms-start-2021-with-a-w/

So... if the Player's Union and MLS don't reach a deal by midnight, and doesn't seem likely they will, MLS will initiate a lockout.

Lots of folks getting loaned out, take it for what you will.

I hope we see club owners pull out of MLS entirely and form a new league that doesn't make the mistakes of MLS (or NASL for that matter) but I doubt that'll happen.

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

What is the dispute over?

Essentially, MLS is looking at massive losses due to COVID and want massive cuts to the CBA to make up for it. The Player's Union have so far met them halfway but their offer and MLS' demands are pretty far apart.

So not unlike similar disputes with NHL and MLB in the past, but MLS is far less fiscally solvent than even NHL was so their demands might be necessary just to keep the lights on.

Either way, I hope this will be the onus of US footy adopting a proper open pyramid but I also have doubts that would happen.

• Like 1

MLS Owners: we need you to make massive concessions because our finances are awful from COVID.

Cincinnati Owners: Break MLS transfer record to sign Brenner, while also trying to sign Pity Martinez, another significant transfer.

Seriously, fuck the MLS owners and their "labor committee"

Well a tentative deal was reached at the last minute it seems. Still needs to be formally approved by the players, then the owners, but expected to go through.

Speaking of tentative plans, The People's Himmarshee FC is changing streaming platforms to Twitch. Which probably means no automated scoreboard like their last streaming site, but we're gonna win anyway so the only thing that matters is how much we increase our goal differential.

OKAY NOT MERGE: Also, this is neat.

Yeah this is getting messy. When it got announced I saw fans on Twitter saying they were going to keep calling them the Impact.

There's so much less marketability in Club de Foot outside of French Canada. They're supposed to be a bilingual club with Anglophone and Francophone supporters groups. It's a silly name to an English speaker. Just an overall very out of touch decision by the powers that be with the franchise. Not even a "vote for our new name" campaign like most NA sports franchises have.

I mean to an English-speaking North American it sounds like they're going to fight the Ninja Turtles.

Jordan Morris went on loan to Swansea, tore his ACL, and so there's that potential move for him and his whole year done just like that. Absolutely fucking awful, basically the worst case scenario.

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Jordan Morris went on loan to Swansea, tore his ACL, and so there's that potential move for him and his whole year done just like that. Absolutely fucking awful, basically the worst case scenario.

Yeah this is dreadful. I was hoping he'd get the chance for a full time move to Swansea and that they'd manage promotion, it'd be cool for him. Now he can't even contribute to Seattle this year. Huge bummer.

Gotta love that early 00's extreme sports video game FMV vibe.

All joking aside, best of luck to them. Pro alternatives in MLS-occupied cities are always a good thing for me.