MLS and USL Thread 2021

Lowerdeck

The replies to that tweet announcing the rebrand are gold. This doesn't seem like it's isolated between Chicago, Montreal, and now Columbus. League has to be pressuring teams these rebrands in a push, I assume, to force people to buy new merchandise. I guess New England is next.

Edited by damshow

Can we now start pushing to disband the MLS in favor of an open league then?

EDIT-

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, MadJack said:

Why is the new Columbus logo a g?

Why does it look like an esports team logo?

Why are you emphasising the Crew aspect when you're removing Crew from the name?

Why?

Because lol, MLS.

• Like 1

FC Cincinnati have signed Geoff Cameron, to continue a true banner week for the Ohio teams stepping on rakes. Hell is Real indeed!

The other teams being noted clipart gator team Inter Florida, and Boca Raton Juniors. Meaning a possibility of an all-Broward county final!

I realize I'm over five months late on the Real Salt Lake name not making sense for our market, and I would like to add that most people that aren't die hard fans still pronounce it like it's the English word, not the Spanish version.

Also, one of our announcers used to play for the Crew, went on a rant about them rebranding during halftime, and looks a ton like Christian Cage.

I'm going to imagine you're talking about Brian Dunseth, who is a ton of fun to listen to, either as a commentator for RSL or on Sirius FC. Absolutely love him.

Also since I'm in the thread, given last night's win: Fuck The Red Bulls 😁

11 hours ago, Pooker said:

I realize I'm over five months late on the Real Salt Lake name not making sense for our market, and I would like to add that most people that aren't die hard fans still pronounce it like it's the English word, not the Spanish version.

Also, one of our announcers used to play for the Crew, went on a rant about them rebranding during halftime, and looks a ton like Christian Cage.

IIRC, real in Spanish translates to royal in English

Their USL B-side is called Real Monarchs, which seems like a unnecessary double reference

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Yes, that was his name! He is a joy to listen to, especially for somebody who doesn't know a ton about the sport, like myself. 

If you have Sirius XM, I highly recommend you listen to his show Counter Attack. He also does a soccer podcast with Tom Rennie every Monday that I think you can get from most places if you don't have Sirius, and want to get into the sport more. He gives a good American perspective on the game.

• Like 1

The Rowdies beat Phoenix Rising FC. So if we accept that as the outcome of last year's championship, that means that this incarnation of the Rowdies actually has won two championships.

MLS is clueless. Since 96.

Remember Inter Florida, the club with the hilariously low-effort clipart crest?

They changed it.

yNEDYQv.jpg

Coming this fall to theatres and HBO Max, Inter Florida FC, winner of the Palme D'Orr at Cannes.

37 minutes ago, Colly said:

Hang on, established 2020, so what are their 5 stars for?

Unless for some reason they decided to give themselves a star for every time they won in the FGCL this year, I have no idea.