The 2021 Music Thread

Roster Depth Sicko No. 2

On 21/05/2021 at 06:59, Skummy said:

Mdou Moctar's new album was released today, and there's a couple of brilliant tracks on there. Between him and Tinariwen, I think modern Tuareg music might be some of the genuinely coolest music in the world. 

• Like 2

I think this string of lyrics from Squid's debut album is my favourite so far this year.

As the sun sets on the GlaxoKline
Well, it's the only way that I can tell the time
Bright neon bikes on the hillside
Mosquito nets, they cover the buildings
On Concrete Island, I wave at the businessmen
On Concrete Island, well, I hope my dinner is warm

• Like 1

I'm three tracks into Squid's new album and its WILD.  Mix of Art Punk, Post Punk, Experimental Rock and Krautrock. I think it's gonna end up in a lot of annual top 10s. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DFF said:

I'm three tracks into Squid's new album and its WILD.  Mix of Art Punk, Post Punk, Experimental Rock and Krautrock. I think it's gonna end up in a lot of annual top 10s. 

Thanks! I know it won't end up in my annual top 10 but judging by the three songs I heard so far, it's going to be played quite a bit at work for a while.

37 minutes ago, Bad News Jericode said:

New Rise Against album is pretty good, I'm way behind on listening to new releases, got a list of about 20 to work through, so I'll have to blitz through next week.

ooh didn't know about it. Similar to their last few releases since Endgame, I suppose? I need to get that.

The new King Buffalo album is an early album of the year contender for me. So, so good. 

3 hours ago, RPS said:

The new Sleater Kinney album is very excellent. 

Ooh. Didn't know that. I need to get that shit Asap. Don't expect it to be like their albums from 20+ years ago (I loved those) but if it's anything like No cities to Love, I'd be happy enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malenko said:

Ooh. Didn't know that. I need to get that shit Asap. Don't expect it to be like their albums from 20+ years ago (I loved those) but if it's anything like No cities to Love, I'd be happy enough!

Sleater Kinney has highs and good albums. This is a good reliable album that has good riffs throughout. 

Montero (Call Me By Your Name) is definitely the song of the year for me at this stage. What a banger. Too bad we are all not fully vaccinated and clubs are not open. 

• Like 1

KSI dropped a new song - there's clearly some computer correction at work but his singing has really improved since his song with Polo G and Yungblood earlier this year.

His second album All Over the Place is out in July too, will be interesting to see what's on there.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Spellling album is brilliant.