2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

2 hours ago, damshow said:

What would the market be for Minshew? A 6th or 7th rounder? I like him but he's not a QB you probably can build around.

Good question, I was thinking about that before we traded Stafford. I had a thought that he wouldn't be a terrible stop gap for an up and coming team that needs a decent vet to stand in for a bit. I was actually thinking maybe 4th or 5th? But I think it depends on the team acquiring, if its a team wanting a good back up then 6th or 7th is probably right, but I could see somebody overpaying a bit. He's still pretty young and may even look better on a good team. 

9 hours ago, Lineker said:

Minshew-mania just feels like it belongs on the Dolphins.

He's basically Florida Man

• Like 1

Before they signed Dalton, someone at another board I am a member of said it looked like the Bears may be trying to intentionally tank. They haven't responded since Dalton was signed.

17 minutes ago, damshow said:

Dalton won't help you tank because he's average enough to let a good defense carry him to enough wins against bad teams to make the entire season interesting. He is the benchmark of average.

He's the Red BB Gun. 

Something I keep thinking about is Tyrod Taylor's situation. There are QBs out there like Mitch Trubisky, Marcus Mariota, and Gardner Minshew that want a starting job, can probably be serviceable in that roll, and probably won't get it, but then there's Tyrod Taylor who keeps getting shifted into teams with a starting role and then something just seems to happen. It happened in Buffalo when no one expected Josh Allen to be the guy and then there he goes. He moves to a Philip Rivers-less Chargers team and then something crazy happens to him and then Justin Herbert absolutely kills his chances of starting. And now he's likely going to start for the Texans due to Deshaun Watson's legal troubles. 

• Like 1