She's a Twitch streamer, he's a Twitch streamer, they're all Twitch streamers

I think that if it were both of you, it wouldn't be a huge problem. But yes, when it's just a female streamer, people are bad. There is a WoW PVP streamer named Snomixy who is super good, but of course she happens to also be super cute so she's constantly harrassed by people claiming that she's boosted and the usual "Show your tits" comments from stupid little boys.

I'm pretty sure that most of the people who harrass her are ones she's creamed at the game and their fragile egos can't handle it.

I think it also depends on the game because WoW is toxic as fuck, but then I watch a lot of FF streams lately and I don't see those same issues at all. Everyone in those streams are super respectful and if someone does come in and try to cause shit, they generally get booted pretty quick.

Twitch is really as toxic as you allow it to be. I know people who want to make money off it don't want to ban their viewers but I think there has to be some sort of punishment.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

What was concerning about seeing the same guy who'd given her 5k across her streams was that she's probably not the only, dare I say female streamer, he's throwing money at, 

I know there are people who will do this, but I couldn't imagine throwing money at a streamer just because they were female. I sub to a few female streamers but it's 100% because I enjoy their content. I've thrown more money at my male streamer friends than anyone.

50 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I always thought if I streamed it’d be with my wife, because we always have fun, playful, teasing banter back and forth. But the more I watch twitch, the more I see just how creepy guys are to female streamers that I have no desire to ever stream with her.

You won't be saying that when Mrs. Meacon is making $30k a month and that's even before she starts selling her bathwater.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Forky said:

Twitch is really as toxic as you allow it to be.

Bingo. The same goes for every platform.

Speaking of people who haven't been give $5000, BoysFromTheBalticStar is starting up in 30 minutes. We've gone into orbit around a new planet, Giikur, and the world is our oyster right now. We can go and talk with Deepnight about the mysterious carvings they want to plough loads of money into finding out more about, we can mooch around the starbase, we can trade the goods we bought in Ossin, we can head down to the capital city with its seven districts and either try and have fun times, cause some mischief, help some folk or, as is our usual approach, assassinate a planetary leader in the hope that it brings more power to the people....or we can go to Earthpark - the wonderful tourist attraction with animals, plants and other magical treats from some place called Earth. So many options.

• Like 1

Anyone here watch Proton Jon? Or know of him/his Superman 64 playthrough?

For context, he started it in 2010. It's still going. It's been 4 years since he uploaded Stage 9, but he uploaded Stage 10 three days ago and I completely missed it. Anyway! Here it is.

• Haha 1

We're half an hour away from tonight's Baltic Star sesh.

Last week we hugged trees, bought Earthpark t-shirts and caps, ate BBQ, watched some Earth performances and got told off by security for trying to join in with the gymnastics.

This week there's definitely cable cars. I also doubt our DM will let us have another two hours of pleasantness and sightseeing.

Consider dropping in, or giving us a follow.

• Like 3

So I had meant to post about this a week ago when I announced it, but I figured better late than never: If you're interested in watching Dungeons and Dragons played at a high level while it's being DM'd at a very mediocre level, then next week on April 25th at 3 pm PST, you'll want to tune into twitch.tv/groveofcypress. A couple of people from the board will be playing along with a few friends of mine, and I'll be DMing a campaign arc entitled The Tower Falls about the last(?) mission of a world famous mercenary company

I'm doing a 12 hour charity stream this friday! Show up, donate, share the shit out of this, whatever you do, please help me raise some money for the big beautiful bastards doing God's work at mental health and well-being charity Mind

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/probablyoliver

• Like 4

@OctoberRavenI think your stream has been live for like a day and a half now. It’s just a black screen. 

12 hours ago, CLDY said:

@OctoberRavenI think your stream has been live for like a day and a half now. It’s just a black screen. 

Woops. Thought I turned it off! Oh well, nobody watches it