She's a Twitch streamer, he's a Twitch streamer, they're all Twitch streamers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://clips.twitch.tv/PreciousEnergeticPoultryGivePLZ-m-fDbYo7SXnN30Xq

This is the kind of quality content you can expect me to contribute to your stream chat. We were discussing, uh, shower activities. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey pals, I'm doing some fundraising streams all month to help with my cat's cancer treatment. It would be dope if you came and hung out or spread the word (or if you had the means to, donate!)

Live now with some Final Fantasy VII Remake action!

https://twitch.tv/probablyoliver

• Like 4

On 07/09/2021 at 18:59, Ollie said:

Hey pals, I'm doing some fundraising streams all month to help with my cat's cancer treatment. It would be dope if you came and hung out or spread the word (or if you had the means to, donate!)

Live now with some Final Fantasy VII Remake action!

And I'm doing it again!

Live now!

So this is the guy who convinced me to start streaming, and right now he's supposed to be streaming WoW. But his chat has broken him with over 300 subs in one stream. I don't know if something like this is allowed, but if you like WoW, he's a really chill dude who's worked his ass off to make stuff like this happen for him and others around him. He's still streaming right now, and I thought you guys might be down to check him out at max chaos.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And with that news, I've been back to streaming random stuff from my mega backlog. Instead of accumulating games I never play, I shall play games until they bore me and people can watch like filthy voyeurs.

Twitch for recent Amnesia and Shinobi goodness. Megami Tensei should be featured soon.

YouTube for old stuff (usually with better audio/video quality), such as Corpse Party and Chicken Run.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6_DiyaUoqWyY9HDgcAx0ZA

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Warhawk8492 said:

A playlist on my YouTube channel

Looks interesting, watched a couple minutes and I will probably watch some more - does the music get turned down at some point? :P

1 hour ago, Krabby said:

Looks interesting, watched a couple minutes and I will probably watch some more - does the music get turned down at some point? :P

Still getting the hang of this

• 4 weeks later...

I got bored and uploaded a youtube video. I'm playing Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone for the PS1! I used to do these kinds of videos almost 10 years ago now (I think I stopped about the start of 2013) and just wanted to get back into it.

Here it is. It was kinda slapdash.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Apparently the Harry Potter on Game Boy Colour is surprisingly good because it deviates from all the other versions and is this JRPG type thing. 

I forget which forum this came up on, it was a few years back but it turned into this little book club type of thing where people were playing it and they tried to reach out to the developers. I think the story came back that EA was pretty hands off with the whole thing and, as long as they turned out something, they pretty much had free reign so the guy just made an RPG.

EDIT: It was NeoGaf I was thinking of. Found the thread and this is the quote in there from someone who was apparently on the dev team:

Spoiler

Oh, it was great - we were a fairly young dev team, many of us just on our second video game ever (though the team was headed by some long time veterans). We had just finished Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone, and had a lot of ideas for a sequel, and we really wanted to push the GBC as far as it would go. For example, we would reload the GBC's color palettes while the screen was still being drawn, to get hundreds of colors per screen (mainly used in character portraits and Wizard Cards, though we also used it to just get a few extra colors here and there, like between the combat area and the menu below). And though we used the largest GBC cart Nintendo manufactured (I think it was 32 megabits/4 megabytes), we filled it up to the brink, and really had to cram things in to get them to fit.

Our game was the only one of the various Harry Potter ports of the time to have events from the books that didn't make it into the movie, like Nearly Headless Nick's DeathDay Party, because the publisher (EA) didn't really pay attention to the GBC game (as GBA was already out). They would check it out once in a while, give us a thumbs up ("We didn't think GBC could do that!") and then go back to micromanaging the other platforms (which happened to us next year with Prisoner of Azkaban GBA.)

We had a complete minigame get cut: Butterbeer Tapper. The game was finished and really fun, but it was so close to the Root Beer Tapper arcade game that there were worries about legal issues.

Edit: now that I think about it, Butterbeer Tapper may have been from Azkaban...

• Like 1