2021 MLB Season / 21-22 Offseason Thread

The Buscher

The city of Washington, DC gave the city of Los Angeles Max Scherzer, Trea Turner, and Russell Westbrook within the space of an hour, and for some reason I find that absolutely hilarious. 

On a more serious note, Kyle Schwarber is going to Boston and is gonna be the DH I always thought he would be. I'm not even a Sox fan, but I'm genuinely excited to see what kind of numbers he'd put up at Fenway.

Mets continued to be rumored in talks for Bryant or Baez.  I'll believe it when I see it, as of last night one of the writers cited a team source that the asking price for top tier talent was still "borderline laughable" and for a team with a weak, top-heavy farm I'm sure it seems pretty high.  I believe if they trade for a real difference maker it won't be until 4 PM when somebody blinks.

Anyway, of the two I would greatly prefer Bryant.  Mets suck against LHP and Bryant mashes them, plus he's got positional versatility and could get JD Davis' awful glove out of the field (if Davis himself isn't part of the trade package).  Baez would still be an upgrade in terms of raw talent potential but I am put off that he has a really low OBP and leads the NL in K's.  Of course I think front offices largely ignore batter K's in today's game.

@Your Mom If the Mets get Bryant and/or Baez I'll save you a seat on the bandwagon if you want 😂 They're even bringing back the black jerseys tonight. Everyone looks good in black.

From the sounds of it, the Nats aren't done trading. I'd hate to be a Nationals fan with tickets to a game. Imagine going to a game and none of the people you paid to see are there anymore.

• Like 1

Obviously Madrigal wasn't helping the White Sox this year and they traded for a guy to fill in for him this year (with an option for next year as well). Great return for the Cubs who have a cornerstone to build around in the next few seasons.

Giving La Russa as many bullpen arms as possible is smart from the White Sox's perspective. Just play to the old man's strengths.