European Super League announced; collapses

Lineker

Be interesting to see what players like Kane think of this. He seems to be a passionate international player - I imagine he can't be too pleased at the prospect of that being curtailed. 

https://www.mancityosc.com/post/european-super-league

I'm sure there's other supporters groups out there with similar statements. It's the fans in China, in the US, in India who the Super League is for though. I think this will just fall on deaf ears in the front offices of most of these clubs.

27 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

Yeah if this goes through I’m finding a new club. 

Well, there's always Himmarshee FC...

But, you're in Quebec right? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Laval

All 12 of them should be kicked out of the domestic leagues tomorrow morning.

It won't happen, but it should. Fuck the lot of them completely. Greedy tossers.

I feel really sorry for the fans of these clubs who are against it as well. I mean, we all lose as football fans if this comes to fruition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FLiam said:

I’d love to see what some of these managers think and if we hear from them in the coming days.

But seriously, fuck Stan Kroenke and Co. Stealing football.

Oh you better believe Kroenke is one of the chief architects of this. He's despicable.

Side note about Kroenke for those not in the know about US sports that is probably very relevant regarding The Super League. He owns the Denver Nuggets and Colorado Avalanche in the NBA and NHL respectively. Both teams are extremely good, and the Nuggets are led by presumptive league MVP Nikola Jokic. Great time to be a fan of these teams in Denver, right? Well you'd be wrong. Kroenke and the biggest TV provider in Denver have been in a prolonged stalemate and basically no one in the city and surrounding area can watch either team. He cares absolutely zero about the fans at all. Must be the Walmart in him.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Just to make sure I’m correct, this is like a closed door Champions League?

They’re still playing in their respective home leagues right?

We'll find out today if the League Associations will ban the clubs involved. What we do know is that the 12 clubs can't compete in UEFA competitions anymore, domestically is not yet confirmed.

Fuck all of them. It makes me fucking sick that these clubs are being dragged through the mud because of their cartoon villain owners. FSG get the fuck out of my club.

59 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Just to make sure I’m correct, this is like a closed door Champions League?

They’re still playing in their respective home leagues right?

The ESL clubs say they want this as a midweek competition alongside the domestic season, essentially replacing Champs Lge, Uefa lge and Uefa conf.

UEFA have gone understandably batshit and said that teams will be kicked out of their domestic leagues if they go along with it (though thats for the domestic league to say, really). 

Personally I see a compromise happening whereby there is a bigger safety net for big teams added to the champs lge than the one in the most recently mooted 'Swiss model'.

3 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Seems like a bad choice tbh. What happens when Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and whichever Italian team can’t maintain the pace are just losing every time? It’s just damaging their global reputation further.

Sticking with the norm does wonders for the global reputation of clubs.

They don't care about the optics, the owners just want to squeeze out every last drop of money from their clubs regardless of how people react.

Time to change my display name now

I'm still hoping this is some mad power play and that this won't go through but any trust I've got with these owners now has completely gone. 

Fans have been utterly betrayed by this move. Especially during a pandemic and economic crisis and during a time football has been shite without the fans. 

I really wish fans were in grounds for all this. The protests would be off the charts