TEW20 Real World Update: May 2021

So here is the update for May, not much this month, been trying to get through my picture backlog, so most of the changes has been what's been recommended. I did have a tidy up of business skills although that was nothing too major, mostly rounding numbers and setting a better style preference. One issue I'm having is with the logos, I'm getting some clashes with multiple promotions using the same initials, so I'm going to look into a better set of filenames, I'm looking at using longer names than their initials, but I won't update the database and pack till their all checked to be working.

Anyway beyond that just the usual if you see anything wrong or I've missed something point it out and I'll get on it.

Enjoy

Database: May 2021
Graphics: May 2021

Workers: January 2021
Worker Expansion: June 2020
Worker Expansion contains pictures of wrestlers holding titles, along with non wrestlers cut on the same background used for workers.

TEW Mods by TheWho87 is now on Discord

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date.

Spoiler

Add Andrade to AAA as he challenged Kenny Omega to an AAA Mega Championship Match for TripleMania

Also, add "La Empresa" as a stable with Andrade, Puma King, Diamante Azul & Sam Adonis

46 minutes ago, AnimeNewbie said:

Anyone know how to download to paste the updates to TEW?

In TEW2020 Editor click "Create Database" and put in a name, then go to Program Files > GDS > TEW2020 > Database and find the folder your created, then put all the contents of the folder in the download into the folder the game created.

Been playing around with the filenames for company logos for the mod, rather than initials that can get confusing for multiple companies with the same initials, I'm using the companies full name. FYI these won't work with the current database, just wanted to gague opinion before changing over.

For example instead of AEW.jpg it would be All Elite Wrestling.jpg, the database would be updated to the logos, so for you it's just using the right pack, just wanted to get views on it since most don't really care unless they work.

Graphics: New Logo Filenames

5 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

In TEW2020 Editor click "Create Database" and put in a name, then go to Program Files > GDS > TEW2020 > Database and find the folder your created, then put all the contents of the folder in the download into the folder the game created.

Where is the TEW 2020 editor on the game?

Some new PPVs for Impact Wrestling replacing existing ones - 

Under Siege - May Week 3 Saturday

Against All Odds - June Week 2 Saturday

Slammiversary i'm pretty sure is already their July PPV on the DB. No confirmed date yet.  

- Amend Impact Wrestling's power structure to Ed Nordholm as CEO and Scott D'Amore as Booker. Looks like Don Callis has been removed as an EVP - https://wrestletalk.com/news/report-don-callis-impact-role-is-significantly-changing/

- Change the Knockout tag champions -- Fire ‘n Flava (Kiera Hogan & Tasha Steelz) defeated Jordynne Grace & Rachael Ellering for the Impact Knockouts Tag Team Championship. 

- The Annual Awards need updating - i.e. wrestler of the year etc for 2020

- Add Ted DiBiase to NXT under a handshake deal as a personality. He's made regular appearances of late in skits with Cameron Grimes. 

- Should Hogan have a PPA deal with WWE? He's done some hosting so assuming he's on a legends deal with them.

Edited by JohnnyNitro

2 hours ago, JohnnyNitro said:

- Should Hogan have a PPA deal with WWE? He's done some hosting so assuming he's on a legends deal with them.

I don't think legends deals deserve to be in, you can just sign them yourself if you want them, just adds more bloat to an overcrowded roster.

Also heads up, I'm doing some work on the picture pack, specifically missing wrestlers, I'm currently focusing on filling gaps of wrestlers based in America, Canada and Britain. I want to try and get these done by the next pack update that should be August. 

Before I start axing them, am I missing anyone from the May releases?

- Alexander Wolfe (Axel Tischer)
- Drake Wuertz (Drake Younger)
- Ezra Judge
- Jake Clemons
- Jessamyn Duke
- Kavita Devi
- Skyler Story (Brandi Lauren)
- Vanessa Bourne (Danielle Kamela)
- Velveteen Dream (Patrick Clark)

Edited by TheWho87

1 hour ago, TheWho87 said:

Before I start axing them, am I missing anyone from the May releases?

- Alexander Wolfe (Axel Tischer)
- Drake Wuertz (Drake Younger)
- Ezra Judge
- Jake Clemons
- Jessamyn Duke
- Kavita Devi
- Skyler Story (Brandi Lauren)
- Vanessa Bourne (Danielle Kamela)
- Velveteen Dream (Patrick Clark)

I would hold off on Velveteen Dream until WWE officially announces the departure. That is what I'm doing with EWR. Not that I don't trust Insider, but it maybe one of those situations they get wrong information from sources.