Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

16 hours ago, Lineker said:

Must mean he will be the first full Kosovo international to play in the Premier League?

20 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Must mean he will be the first full Kosovo international to play in the Premier League?

Actually no! Bersant Celina made 1 appearance in the Premier League for Manchester City in 2016. The former Norway youth international switched to his native Kosovo in 2014 and later dropped down to the Championship to play for Swansea and now is at Dijon.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Just about, I think. Muric of Man City hasn't played in the Premier League yet and Hadjergonaj was at Huddersfield but he only changed nationality from Switzerland to Kosovo in 2019.

MJ has whipped out Celina anyway!

• Like 1

On 22/06/2021 at 13:57, DavidMarrio said:

Apparently Neco Williams might be on his way out as he wants first team football. Supposedly Leeds, Southampton and Burnley all interested and Villa were initially prior to signing Young. 

I wouldn't be too disheartened as I think we could get a good fee for him and whilst I think he's a decent young player he's never stood out when in the first team (which albeit is probably hard when you're replacing Trent) Only thing would be it would obviously leave us short at backup for fullback and I wouldn't want us to rely on Gomez being backup there. 

I can assure you, we aren't. We're not looking to strengthen at right back. We'll be signing a central midfielder, a left back, a reserve goalkeeper if we can convince someone to take Casilla and that'll be about it unless there's another Raphinha situation where there's something too good to turn down.

And Jackie on a perm but that's been a given for 18 months now.

48 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Arsenal are in for Ben White, 50m.

Supposedly Brighton have accepted the bid. Normally I'd be happy about it overall obviously, but supposedly this means that we're loaning Saliba out again which, I mean, really? I know it's a gamble if he'll do well in the Premier league and all that, but I can't get over how much of a waste of a transfer that was.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I like Ben White but that's fucking insane money, that's roughly what we paid for Koch and Llorente with enough left for Raphinha.

Yeah, but none of them had £25m's worth of 'Premier League experience', which is why they were all shite last season. /s

• Haha 1