Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

I have a feeling United have moved fast (by their standards) this time for Sancho because Rashford does seem like he'll be out for a while once the Euros are done. This talk of him having a shoulder operation tells me he won't be fit at the start of the season.

We definitely need a CB and a DM though.

5 hours ago, Baddar said:

I have a feeling United have moved fast (by their standards) this time for Sancho because Rashford does seem like he'll be out for a while once the Euros are done. This talk of him having a shoulder operation tells me he won't be fit at the start of the season.

We definitely need a CB and a DM though.

Apparently you’re looking at Varane once the Euro’s are done? No idea about a DM, though. 

Instead off insisting on McFred as the partnership until we get a DM. just play the better part of that duo McTominay, but then again its a massive drop down going from being partnered with Kante to one of Fred or McTominay.

Neither Fred or McTominay can play at DM. A DM is way way way more important to how Ole wants United to play than another CB will be. Get the right DM - and no, Ndidi or Rice are not the right DMs, they're way too expensive - and the problems with United's CBs are way less obvious and risky to leave unadressed.

The Leeds game showed McTominay is better further up the pitch. Fred can't tackle and has a footballing brain that is way too ambitious for his footballing ability - he almost always choses the right pass, but he doesn't have the hardware to get that pass right a lot of the time. So you need a DM who can win the ball and progress it, either through dribbling or through passing off to one of their more creative midfield partners.

• Like 2

Rice and Ndidi are two United have been linked with for a while. Don't think either are good moves or the right DM Ole needs. The ideal signing in a perfect scenario would just be Kante but thats impossible.

Center back is the one area which is constantly brought up for United and has been for a few seasons now, Varane seems to be the main target but wages could be an issue securing that one and after Ramos would Real Madrid want to sell Varane?

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

I doubt they'd want to sell Varane, but if he's not signing a new deal, might want cash for him. They've got Alaba now after all.

Alaba won't be playing in defence, if he got everything he was asking for - which was 20 million euros a year and only playing in midfield.

• Admin

Tottenham have opened talks to sign Bologna defender Takehiro Tomiyasu.

Spurs' new managing director of football Fabio Paratici has approached the Serie A club about a potential deal for the Japan international.

Bologna are said to want at least £17m (€20m) for Tomiyasu, who is equally comfortable at both centre-back and right-back - both priority positions that managerless Spurs want to strengthen this summer.

Yes please.