Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

4 hours ago, Adam said:

This thread paints a picture of Barca's current situation. Yeesh.

I wonder if this is with or without Messi.

And is that a 200k reduction across the entire year? That will surely mean another big name, possibly Griezmann, is moved on.

It's felt like the bubble would burst for Barca for quite sometime really so seeing those figures isn't as shocking as I thought it would be. 

I think as well they've been lucky that they've had Messi from a commercial side of things so the amount of kids you see with Messi Barca shirts I'm really not surprised by how much he brings in commercially and with him coming to the end of his career that's going to be a significant dent into their incomings. 

High wages for people who've fell out of favour for sometime is always an issue. I still find it mental we got the figure we got for Coutinho and they're still having to pay that off. 

I feel like the odd person has retired and still played an end of season tournament like a world cup but that's not really the same thing. I'd imagine it'd be hard to justify picking someone who only plays one every couple of months, especially given that I assume he won't be training professionally.

It's mostly what Matt says - the likes of Zidane, Shevchenko and Klinnsmann all retired at the end of club seasons, but played in the international tournament that summer.

Northern Irish legend Pat Jennings was all but retired from club football prior to 1985, but remained at Tottenham to play for their reserve team and keep his fitness. He also signed a short term deal to provide cover for Everton's FA Cup final appearance in 1986, but didn't play. He subsequently played for Northern Ireland in their World Cup campaign.

Abby Wambach announced she was sitting out the entire 2015 WSL season to concentrate on the US winning the World Cup in 2015.

5 minutes ago, damshow said:

Hasn't the rumor been for awhile that Bale wants to try his hand at professional golf? 

Yeah, that one has been going round a while. 

To be honest, even if he doesn’t play club football, Wales will still pick him because he’s Gareth Bale. But yeah, reports are saying he plans to retire this summer but play in the WC campaign and the tournament itself if Wales qualify.

@Cymbolshe's joining one of the worst teams in MLS, and by far the worst put together squad in MLS. I can't see it going well for him just because Miami is so bad. They're a team set up like it's 2011 and not 2021, full of old stars who can't handle the speed of the match. He'll probably at least get some first team minutes though, but it will be hard to stand out on the team. And you know, Phil Neville is the coach so not expecting him to do well with developing him.

33 minutes ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

@Cymbolshe's joining one of the worst teams in MLS, and by far the worst put together squad in MLS. I can't see it going well for him just because Miami is so bad. They're a team set up like it's 2011 and not 2021, full of old stars who can't handle the speed of the match. He'll probably at least get some first team minutes though, but it will be hard to stand out on the team. And you know, Phil Neville is the coach so not expecting him to do well with developing him.

Wrong. Greatest team in Miami, literally no one would disagree with that. Especially not with Becks involved with the project. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4