Jump to content

Summer Transfer Window 2021


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The real winner is Szumi because he posted both of those tweets 3 hours ago.

It fixes the please don't sign for fucking City hole.

Wrong. Greatest team in Miami, literally no one would disagree with that. Especially not with Becks involved with the project. 

Posted Images

Varane to Man Utd is looking more likely by the day.

Want to get this one wrapped up so we can start sorting through the players who are leaving and then another signing or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

£40mil plus nearly 400k a week woi what an investment. Could get 2 Ben Whites for that investment.

The same Ben White that is costing 50m?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I highly doubt Varane is gonna be on 400k a week - his wage at Real was 170k a week and reports (from relatively dubious sources) were that United were prepared to double his wage, which very isn't 400k a week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Varane is being bought to win trophies. Ben White is not. Madrid are a club that need to sell. Brighton are not. Varane is a world cup and champions league winner. Ben White is not.

You are not comparing apples and apples.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

Yes. Ben White hasn't got a 124mil contract

And your source that Varane has is...?

Edit: Actually let's just do the math on this one - Varane is said to have signed a four deal with an option for a 5th, so that's either 31 million a year, or 24.8 million a year.

So according to you, Varane is signing a contract with Man United where he will either be paid just under 480,000 a week at the lower end... or just under 600,000 a week at the top end, assuming that supposed figure is all salary.

Do you really think United are going to be giving out that kind of salary?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tigerstyle said:

Yes. Ben White hasn't got a 124mil contract

Neither has Varane.

26 minutes ago, MadJack said:

And your source that Varane has is...?

Edit: Actually let's just do the math on this one - Varane is said to have signed a four deal with an option for a 5th, so that's either 31 million a year, or 24.8 million a year.

So according to you, Varane is signing a contract with Man United where he will either be paid just under 480,000 a week at the lower end... or just under 600,000 a week at the top end, assuming that supposed figure is all salary.

Do you really think United are going to be giving out that kind of salary?

They might, but not on a centre back.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This basically sums up where I am with football these days (not helped by having not gone to a game in 18 months or whatever it is), but at the point he was called up for England I genuinely had no idea who Ben White was. Literally couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rich said:

Varane is being bought to win trophies. Ben White is not.

Eh? Only one of those teams have won a trophy in the last 4 years and it wasn't United.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Eh? Only one of those teams have won a trophy in the last 4 years and it wasn't United.

Stop living on past glories @Kaney you're beginning to sound like a Liverpool fan :shifty:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lineker unfeatured and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy