Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

It's very weird and a bit sad knowing that Erik Lamela's on the way out. He's the last of the "magnificent" seven players we bought using the Bale transfer funds, so that's an "ah fuck, time has flown" deal. Always played his heart out in spite of injuries and I think his longevity offsets the fact that he had a pretty high transfer fee. Still, feels like now's the time.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

It's very weird and a bit sad knowing that Erik Lamela's on the way out. He's the last of the "magnificent" seven players we bought using the Bale transfer funds, so that's an "ah fuck, time has flown" deal. Always played his heart out in spite of injuries and I think his longevity offsets the fact that he had a pretty high transfer fee. Still, feels like now's the time.

I think it'll always be sad how much criticism he got for not being the player people thought we bought and his injuries. He was fully COYS, always played for the shirt and completely underrated as one of the first players to completely buy into Poch's philosophy. He was integral to our pressing and team as a whole during the 15/16 season. You can see in the All or Nothing doc how desperate he is to help the team and play, even when he's basically crocked. 

He was also an absolutely brilliant shithouse and there's always gonna be a "what if" for me if he wasn't consistently injured. A player capable of the completely and utterly sublime and then also frustratingly not doing some of the basics - in that sense, he always felt proper Spurs. 

Obvs I love him, he is inexplicably one of my fav ever Spurs players. Excited to get a Sevilla shirt I guess. 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Would be delighted with any of those tbh.

I'm convinced we're gonna be playing a back 3, but I am desperate for us to sign a right-back. It's been a problem area since Walker left & I'd love to have Lamptey, although I can't see us paying the money. The Udinese right back wasn't on my radar but also sounds interesting. I've been a bit worried with the lack of right back links & despite Nuno's arrival, I am so unconvinced by Doherty. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Matt said:

So Chelsea fans, who's this Lewis Bate kid? And why are we getting him for peanuts if he's as good as people are making out?

Isn't there quite a big exodus of Chelsea youth team players at the moment, who are turning down contracts in pursuit of a better pathway for first team football? 

I like how this thread tells me about players i didn't know existed signing new contracts and having transfers

Stopping playing football manager in 2016 really stunted my ablity to know who footballers are

I wouldn't actually mind loaning Abraham out. If Werner and/or Havertz have another crap season then I'd try to use them as part of a swap deal to get Haaland or get rid of them entirely. I'd rather Abraham go to West Ham than Arsenal (for the European football, naturally) and then come back having proved himself somewhere he can start consistently, rather than playing second fiddle or sometimes not even making the bench.