Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

7 hours ago, Szumi - A Polack said:

Question: aren't ESR and Odegaard both best in the 10? 

Yes and no. I would actually argue that Odegaard would be best suited as a number 8. However, as we seem to sticking with the 4-2-3-1 - it will be Smith Rowe playing more on the left-hand side cutting in with Odegaard more central. Smith Rowe is the sort of player that could play anywhere and have a big influence on the game. 

Re the Ramsdale deal. Meh, it’s better than no-one. I would say put him in goal as soon as possible. Bernd Leno has looked like he’d rather be anywhere else for quite a while now. His decision making has been getting worse as well. We totally fucked up selling Martinez instead of him last summer. I’m sure that Leno would have had suitors from Germany. 

I haven’t seen much of Ramsdale to be honest. Is he really as bad as people seem to be making out? 

Edited by FLiam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it was questionable whether Ramsdale was PL quality at times last season, but obviously he is still young. He may yet prove to be a great goalkeeper.

But I think it's a strange choice if he's to be #1 at Arsenal at this stage, personally.

7 hours ago, FLiam said:

Yes and no. I would actually argue that Odegaard would be best suited as a number 8. However, as we seem to sticking with the 4-2-3-1 - it will be Smith Rowe playing more on the left-hand side cutting in with Odegaard more central. Smith Rowe is the sort of player that could play anywhere and have a big influence on the game. 

Re the Ramsdale deal. Meh, it’s better than no-one. I would say put him in goal as soon as possible. Bernd Leno has looked like he’d rather be anywhere else for quite a while now. His decision making has been getting worse as well. We totally fucked up selling Martinez instead of him last summer. I’m sure that Leno would have had suitors from Germany. 

I haven’t seen much of Ramsdale to be honest. Is he really as bad as people seem to be making out? 

Obviously stats can only tell you so much & depends how much stock you put in XG, but this was from last season. 

keepers.jpg

IMG_8652.tiff

There are multiple layers of hilarity to the Ramsdale transfer. He's massively overpriced (British + Arsenal desperation/incompetence). Even with Leno looking completely uninterested, he's still better than Ramsdale. He's not a guaranteed #1, despite Arsenal paying somewhere between £24-30 million for him. And of course, Arsenal are paying more money for Ramsdale than they sold Emi Martinez for, who has shown to be better than BOTH of Arsenal's keepers.

It's just incompetence at hilarious levels.

• Like 1

Were Arsenal not interested in Andre Onana as well? Whilst he's not available due to suspension for a few more months, he was reportedly available for something like £8m which surely would have been worthwhile, especially whilst you still have Leno in the meantime.

7 hours ago, Adam said:

Were Arsenal not interested in Andre Onana as well? Whilst he's not available due to suspension for a few more months, he was reportedly available for something like £8m which surely would have been worthwhile, especially whilst you still have Leno in the meantime.

Last I read was it looked like he was going to Inter. There was a period of Arsenal looking like they were interested but could either be a) media b.s, b) an agent trying to drum up interest or c) actually possible. 

Usually keepers turn into Neuer against us, but whenever we've come up against Ramsdale, he's had a shocker. Or at least, not looked anywhere as good as people hoped.

I know he's far older but Arsenal could have easily offered Sergio Romero a deal and got him for nothing, as we don't like getting fees for players anyway.

12 hours ago, FLiam said:

Whatever guys, Ramsdale will prove you all wrong and go on to be England’s penalty hero in the 2022 World Cup final. 

In my head he's Welsh, but I imagine that's just because he's 9/11ths of Aaron Ramsey.

Being reported that Lewandowski would like a transfer away from Bayern Munich for a "new challenge". My head put together a move to City almost immediately, and with the negotiations with Spurs allegedly going nowhere they could take that money and bring in Lewandowski instead.

It's the right time for him to look at playing outside the Bundesliga if he wants to, he's 33 tomorrow. So his career is likely on the back-end.