Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

16 hours ago, Rich said:

They have just shed a lot of wages, have won the premier league and got the final of the champions league.  I think they are okay financially

They had one player leave and got what kind of increase in prize money versus selling no tickets for a year?

I think you'd be amazed at how little matchday revenue contributes to the overall finances of the elite teams.

• Like 1

It won't be financial restraints that stop City spending big on one player, it'll be ideological ones - I know there was an interview with the murderer who owns the club a page back suggesting otherwise but nothing about how City conduct their business suggest they'd be comfortable paying £150 million for Harry Kane. There's probably not enough value there for them, especially if they can go out and find a 15-20 goal a season striker for likely a third of the price.

They just won the league without a recognised elite striker, they don't really need to add one. I think their rebuild will be more based around like for like replacements of those players who are unhappy and they'd be willing to let leave.

1 hour ago, Tigerstyle said:

They had one player leave and got what kind of increase in prize money versus selling no tickets for a year?

They have had Garcia and Aguero leave already this summer, sold about 5 players last season, on top of it looking likely that others like Laporte, Ake, Sterling, Jesus, could leave.  

Matchday money, in 2019, the year before the pandemic made up around 15% of their revenue, at £55m. 

Again, I think they are okay financially.

Nah, all there players will be sold to pay off the massive losses of the pandemic and City will get relegated back to League One.

8 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Nah, all there players will be sold to pay off the massive losses of the pandemic and City will get relegated back to League One.

Liverpool's future confirmed

3 hours ago, Baddar said:

It's a shame that Norwich have only just come up and they're already losing their best players. Suppose they're happy to yo-yo between the two divisons.

Apparently the club and player came to an agreement last summer whereby he’d stick around for the first season after relegation to get them back up, before being free to move on. Given that they don’t have a huge budget too, that £40m could be a game changer if they recruit well.

Pretty excited by this one, have to say. Arsenal fans losing it on social media is an added bonus.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1