Summer Transfer Window 2021

Lineker

I'd read that United were being asked to pay 40mil euros for Trippier which I can easily see why they have balked at the thought of paying that for a 30 year old right back. Which if @MadJack's figure of 21.5 mil is right would suggest is a bit accurate. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, MadJack said:

United apparently made a bid of £21.5 million two days ago so no idea what Adam is talking about, but either way, Trippier isn't really a needed signing and United should put that money to better use elsewhere - like a defensive midfielder who can actually win the ball and progress it up the field.

This is really where United need to invest. You'd figure watching how amazing Pogba is with Kante would have them scrambling to sign someone half as good as Kante.

56 minutes ago, MadJack said:

United apparently made a bid of £21.5 million two days ago so no idea what Adam is talking about, but either way, Trippier isn't really a needed signing and United should put that money to better use elsewhere - like a defensive midfielder who can actually win the ball and progress it up the field.

Man Utd unwilling to pay £20m for Kieran Trippier, report the BBC.

18 minutes ago, damshow said:

This is really where United need to invest. You'd figure watching how amazing Pogba is with Kante would have them scrambling to sign someone half as good as Kante.

United will probably do something really stupid and wait until next summer to fill this role - and pay a huge sum for someone like Wilfried Ndidi - when they really need to identify the player who is going to be the next Wilfried Ndidi and sign them. United's scouting in Europe is trash - there's a serious lack of infrastructure there, especially in country's like Austria, where they just assume everyone good there is already in Red Bull's system.

20 minutes ago, Adam said:

Huh. Whilst I'd never doubt the BBC, they've not always been the most accurate re:our transfer business. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if someone at the club is saying that though.

Aston Villa trying to pinch Smith Rowe. Ha. Surely that means they’re anticipating Grealish leaving this summer? 

Elsewhere, Athletic are saying Brighton turned down a £40m bid from us for Ben White. We need to throw an extra quid in there obviously.

I think it is most likely ambition. Seems we’re in for Ashley Young on a free as well, which is smart. With Trez long term injured, and Elmo and Taylor leaving, it is an improvement who can cover multiple positions.

5 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Better or worse than Lamela?

I'd say Gonzalez is the third best left-footed Argentinian footballer currently playing football. 

Second

Spoiler

image.png

First

Spoiler

Here he is indulging a bearded fan.

image.png