Eurovision Song Contest 2021

Lineker

Really did not like Norway as a song in the slightest. Oh well. Will have to find a way to diplomatically tell my mom that I wasn't into it.

Italy's song felt tailor-made for those early EWB Eurovisions where we were all just submitting hard/garage rock, and I think it might have won one of those.

• Like 3

Overall a strong Eurovision. I think as I often do I'm pretty strongly rooting against Sweden, who always genuinely try to win and almost always do it in the most boring fashion possible. I think as far as the serious, straightforward ballads go I liked France's the best because while I didn't know what the song was necessarily about, she sold the hell out of it by the end and it felt chanson-y which I like a lot more than a lot of the ones that felt like they were chasing "this is an anthem for EVERYONE" trends.

But of course my heart really lies with the likes of Iceland, Ukraine, and Finland. Italy was fun too, and I think Moldova is this year's fun dance-pop song that's doomed to finish fifth from the bottom or so because it was pretty early on and didn't have a real gimmick.

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Really did not like Norway as a song in the slightest. Oh well. Will have to find a way to diplomatically tell my mom that I wasn't into it.

Mom, there's Norway that act was any good. Sorry. :(

Really hope this Switzerland love doesn't pan over to the fan vote, and I hope Iceland can remain close enough that there's a chance that they score big there.

France, Italy, Finland, Iceland and Ukraine were the songs I enjoyed most. Happy to see France at the top as the time I'm writing this. I hope Switzerland doesn't win. It is the most boring song of the contest if you ask me. 

Edited by Hellraiser

Loved Iceland, France, Italy, Switzerland and Ukraine.

Liked Cyprus, Russia, Bulgaria, Lithuania and Azerbaijan.

I'd say that's a damn good year! If any of those win, I can't complain. Really hard to choose a favourite this year, but France probably takes it for me. Why's everyone hating on Switzerland? That song was great.

7 minutes ago, The Kraig said:

I'd say that's a damn good year! If any of those win, I can't complain. Really hard to choose a favourite this year, but France probably takes it for me. Why's everyone hating on Switzerland? That song was great.

I thought it was a technically proficient, well-sung, but really boring ballad. So many songs this year had loads and loads of personality and I got absolutely nothing from it.

• Like 1

Not watching, it's my wedding anniversary and while I thought I'd have time to turn on the TV to watch I don't. More important things. But I do hope Iceland win, I'll always root for them since when I was there I heard from multiple people winning Eurovision is very important to them. Plus the Harpa would be a really cool place to host the final in 2022.

Also the song's a bop.

Edited by damshow